Showing Collections: 281–285 of 285
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 25
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 16
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 14
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 12
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 12
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 12
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 12
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 11
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 11
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 11
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 9
- Cummings, E. E. (Edward Estlin), 1894-1962 8
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 8
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 8
- Merrill, James, 1926-1995 8
- Pound, Dorothy 8
- Warren, Robert Penn, 1905-1989 8
- Kirstein, Lincoln, 1907-1996 7
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 7
- Porter, Katherine Anne, 1890-1980 7 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 138
- Stored offsite 137
- Stored onsite 10
Call Number: YCAL MSS 820
Overview: The C. D. Wright papers consists of correspondence, writings, notebooks, and printed and other material relating chiefly to Wright's literary and professional activities. There is correspondence from writers, artists, literary scholars, family, and friends. Named correspondents include Mei-Mei Berssenbrugge, Forrest Gander, Peter Gizzi, W. S. Merwin, Michael Ondaatje, Keith and Rosmarie Waldrop, Marjorie Welish, and Elizabeth Willis, among others. The writings include drafts, proofs, and other...
Dates: circa 1900s-2016
Call Number: YCAL MSS 145
Overview: The papers consist of business correspondence, sometimes accompanied by submissions and proofs, between the editors of the Yale Review and the writers whose works appeared in the journal. Authors represented include John Jay Chapman, Walter De la Mare, Robert Frost, William Inge, Walter Lippmann, William Lyon Phelps, Edward Arlington Robinson, Sara Teasdale, and Louis Untermeyer.
Call Number: YCAL MSS 552
Overview: The records contain setting copies and proofs for works published by the press from 1919 through 1964 for many well-known twentieth century authors. Materials relating to multiple titles dating from the 1950s can be found, for example, for Gertrude Stein and Eugene O'Neill. Works can also be found for a number of authors affiliated with the University either as students or faculty. Many of the early titles in the collection were published as part of the Yale Series of Younger Poets. These...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 581
Overview: This collection consists of material created and accumlated by Stephen Yenser in the course of researching and editing the literary work of James Merrill. Material primarily includes correspondence between Yenser and Merrill spanning 1967 to 1995 and various drafts of Merrill's writings.
Call Number: YCAL MSS 547
Overview: The Marguerite Young Papers document the work of writer Marguerite Young. The papers consist of personal and professional correspondence, drafts of writings, audiovisual material, notebooks, research files, printed material, photographs, artwork, realia, and financial papers spanning the years 1925 to 1999. The bulk of the collection consists of Young's drafts of writings, correspondence, and audiovisual material. Writings include autograph manuscript and typescript drafts, printed versions,...