Showing Collections: 1–20 of 23
- Commonplace books 17
- Great Britain -- Religious life and customs -- 17th century 5
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers 3
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Spain 3
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649 3
- Sermons 3
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain 3
- Trials -- England 3
- Commonplace books -- United States -- 19th century 2
- Devotional literature, English 2
- Diaries 2
- Diaries -- United States -- 19th century 2
- English poetry -- 18th century 2
- English poetry -- 19th century 2
- Finance, Public -- Great Britain 2
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Scotland 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714 2
- Law -- Great Britain 2
- Legal documents 2 ∧ less
- Latin 2
- French 1
- Great Britain. Parliament 9
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649 7
- Browne, John, approximately 1608-1691 5
- Braye, Alfred Verney-Cave, Baron, 1849-1928 4
- Buckingham, George Villiers, Duke of, 1592-1628 3
- Finch, John, Baron Finch of Fordwich, 1584-1660 3
- James, King of England, I, 1566-1625 3
- Strafford, Thomas Wentworth, Earl of, 1593-1641 3
- Charles, King of England, II, 1630-1685 2
- Church of England 2
- Elizabeth, Queen of England, I, 1533-1603 2
- Great Britain. Army 2
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords 2
- Pym, John, 1584-1643 2
- American Academy of Arts and Letters 1
- Andover Theological Seminary 1
- Arce, José Antonio, 1784-1839? 1
- Ashe, Thomas, active 1600-1618 1
- Bagot, William , 1773-1856 1
- Baker, Augustine, 1575-1641 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 14
- Stored offsite 6
- Stored onsite and offsite 3
Copies of Parliamentary papers, including speeches, orders, petitions, and declarations. Most printed in Lords Journals or in Rushworth. Includes items from parliaments of Elizabeth I through James II, most between 1630-1680.
Includes commonplace book of FitzGerald; letters from FitzGerald to Herman Biddell (1863-81), Joseph Fletcher, Francis Hindes Groome, Robert Hindes Groome, Mssrs Smith and Elder, and four unidentified recipients.
[Miscellanea historica: Collection of papers of historical interest relating to the reigns of James I and Charles I]
Copies of letters to and from Col. William Legge, transcribed from the originals in the possession of William Fourth Earl of Dartmouth, during the years 1816 and 1817, by William, 2nd Lord Bagot.
Autograph MS. Contains copies of 373 letters, illustrated with prints and drawings.
The Southcomb Family Papers document some aspects of the clerical careers of several generations of members of the Southcomb family, which held the rectorship of Rose Ash in Devon for over 200 years. Included are devotional commonplace books of Lewis Southcomb; 279 sermons, mostly dating from the first half of the nineteenth century, by four different family members; and the diaries of John Ladeveze Hamilton Southcomb.
The collection consists of writings by John Sterling, including Coeur-de-Lion, The Swiss Peasant Girl, and Thoughts in Rhyme; letters from Sterling to his son Edward concerning his education; and commonplace books and diaries kept by other members of the family, including his brother, Sir Anthony Coningham Sterling, and his mother Hester. The collection also contains a sketchbook which belonged to Sterling's granddaughter, the painter Frances Sterling.
The Edward Taylor Collection contains nine volumes of autograph manuscript writings, including poems, sermons, notes on divinity, and commonplace books; and fragments of writings, correspondence, and other materials removed from bindings of these volumes. Some volumes include autograph manuscript ownership inscriptions and other annotations by Taylor’s son-in-law Isaac Stiles and grandson Ezra Stiles.