Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Blathwayt, William, 1649?-1717 4
- Godolphin, Sidney Godolphin, Earl of, 1645-1712 3
- Stanhope, Alexander, 1639-1707 3
- William, King of England, III, 1650-1702 3
- Yard, Robert 3
- Blackwell, Lambert, Sir, -1727 2
- Marlborough, John Churchill, Duke of, 1650-1722 2
- Poley, Edmund, 1655-1714 2
- Shrewsbury, Charles Talbot, Duke of, 1660-1718 2
- Vernon, James, 1646-1727 2
- Victor Amadeus, King of Sardinia, I, 1666-1732 2
- Addison, Joseph, 1672-1719 1
- Albemarle, Arnold Joost van Keppel, Earl of, 1669-1718 1
- Arlington, Henry Bennet, Earl of, 1618-1685 1
- Avaux, comte d', 1640-1709 1
- Barnes, Thomas 1
- Barry, Marco 1
- Bernhard, Prince-Bishop of Münster, 1606-1678 1
- Broughton, Hugh, 1549-1612 1
- Bulstrode, Richard, Sir, 1610-1711 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 4
- Stored onsite and offsite 1
William Blathwayt papers
Call Number: OSB MSS 2
Overview: The papers contain correspondence, newsletters, diplomatic papers, and reports documenting Blathwayt's career and English foreign policy and history in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
Dates: 1646-1796, bulk 1668-1703
Call Number: OSB MSS 5
Overview: The Carlingford papers contain correspondence and diplomatic and other papers, mostly relating to Theobald Taaffe, 1st Earl of Carlingford. 24 letters signed in cipher from Charles II to Carlingford document the King's personal and political activities in the last years of his exile; other correspondence and papers concern Carlingford's diplomatic mission during the second Anglo-Dutch War, including letters by Henry Bennet, Earl of Arlington, Sir William Swan, and Sir William Temple. Other...
Dates: 1651-1764, bulk 1657-1667
Call Number: OSB MSS fc.37
Overview: The papers contain correspondence, copies of treaties, speeches and credentials, orders, memoranda, reports, newsletters and other papers mostly relating to diplomatic, political and military affairs in western Europe during the War of the Spanish Succession. In addition to documenting Manchester's missions to the republic of Venice and the court of France, the papers provide much detail on shifting relations among the northern powers, the break between France and England following the former's...
Edmund Poley papers
Call Number: OSB MSS 1
Overview: The papers consist of correspondence and diplomatic papers documenting aspects of English history and foreign policy between 1680 and 1705.
Call Number: OSB MSS 41
Overview: The papers consist of correspondence and other documents mostly pertaining to Southwell's diplomatic career and his landholdings in Ireland. Subjects of the correspondence include his negotiations during his missions to Lisbon and Brandenburg; trade with the East Indies; the Revolution of 1688; unrest in Ireland; and the management of Southwell's Irish estates. Major correspondents include Don Marco Barry, Sir Richard Bulstrode, Francis Holbeck, and Bernardo de Salinas. The collection also...
Dates: ca. 1660-1750, bulk 1660-1700