Showing Collections: 1–11 of 11
- Architecture -- Conservation and restoration 3
- Art -- History 3
- Art historians 3
- Art museum directors 2
- Art museums 2
- Architects -- Interviews 1
- Architectural photography 1
- Art, British 1
- Gardening -- United States 1
- Models (representations) 1
- Watercolors (paintings) -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Yale University. Alumni 1 ∧ less
- Yale Center for British Art 10
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 8
- Prown, Jules David, 1930- 4
- Mellon, Paul 2
- Bjork, Zach 1
- Brewster, Kingman, Jr., 1919-1988 1
- Clement, Constance 1
- Cook, John Wesley, 1933- 1
- Denavit, Karen 1
- Falck, Dyer Alfred (Lindsay) 1
- Klotz, Heinrich 1
- Latour, Alessandra 1
- Meyers, Jack 1
- Owens, Kevin 1
- Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art 1
- University of Pennsylvania. School of Design 1
- Yale Center for British Art. Communications and Marketing Department 1
- Yale Center for British Art. Office of the Director 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 10
- Stored onsite and offsite 1
This collection consists of verbatim transcripts from the interviews of Louis I. Kahn conducted by John W. Cook and Heinrich Klotz between July 15, 1969 and April 5, 1970. It also includes the hardcover book produced from these interviews: “Louis I. Kahn in Conversation: Interviews with John W Cook and Heinrich Klotz, 1969-1970” edited by Jules David Prown and Karen E. Denavit, published in 2014, and signed by both editors on April 15, 2015.
This collection comprises two audio cassette tape recordings, as well as their digitized versions, of an interview of Jules David Prown by Alessandra Latour, held in New Haven, Connecticut on June 23, 1982. In the interview, Prown discusses architect Louis I. Kahn and his work.
This collection consists of the transcript of an interview with Jules Prown by Karen E. Denavit and accompanying color photographs. The interview was conducted at the Yale Center for British art between March 1 and June 26, 2013. In it, Prown discusses his family, education, and time as Director of the Center. Prown edited the interview and wrote a brief introduction, which is included in this manuscript.
This collection consists of thirteen watercolors showing different scenes at the Yale Center for British Art, including views of the building's exterior and of sculptures inside it.
This collection consists of material related to the construction and maintenance of the Yale Center for British Art. It includes correspondence, publications, architectural sketches, mechanical specification notebooks, photographs, and slides.
This model represents a cross-section of the Yale Center for British Art. It was created and donated to the Center by Lindsay Falck's architecture students at the University of Pennsylvania School of Design.