Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th Century 3
- Art, British 3
- Art historians 2
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 1
- Gardening -- United States 1
- Yale Center for British Art 3
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 2
- Mellon, Paul 2
- Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art 2
- Prown, Jules David, 1930- 2
- Denavit, Karen 1
- Latour, Alessandra 1
- Yale Center for British Art. Exhibitions and Publications Department 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 3
- Stored offsite 2
- Stored onsite and offsite 1
This collection comprises two audio cassette tape recordings, as well as their digitized versions, of an interview of Jules David Prown by Alessandra Latour, held in New Haven, Connecticut on June 23, 1982. In the interview, Prown discusses architect Louis I. Kahn and his work.
This collection consists of the transcript of an interview with Jules Prown by Karen E. Denavit and accompanying color photographs. The interview was conducted at the Yale Center for British art between March 1 and June 26, 2013. In it, Prown discusses his family, education, and time as Director of the Center. Prown edited the interview and wrote a brief introduction, which is included in this manuscript.
This collection consists of three notebooks created by Paul Mellon for a “Pictorial Art” class at Yale University during his undergraduate studies (1925-1929). The notebooks include Mellon’s professor’s course material on pictorial art, pictures of artwork, and Mellon’s handwritten notes. The notes include Mellon’s critiques and analyses of the artworks, which span from ancient to contemporary.
This collection comprises a run of publications by the Yale Center for British Art from 1965 to 2018.