Showing Collections: 1–20 of 30
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 10
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 10
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 5
- Manuscripts and Archives 4
- Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 24
- Correspondence 7
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- United States 5
- Art, British 5
- Painters -- Great Britain 5
- Photographic prints 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Art museum curators -- United States 3
- Audiovisual materials 3
- Diaries 3
- Painting, British -- 19th century 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Art 2
- Art appreciation 2
- Art museums 2
- Art, American -- 20th Century 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- Europe -- Description and travel 2 ∧ less
- French 3
- German 3
- Estonian 1
- Multiple languages 1
- Russian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less
- Mellon, Paul 6
- Yale Center for British Art 4
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 3
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 2
- Baskett, John 2
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893 2
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861 2
- Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 2
- Calder, Alexander, 1898-1976 2
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 2
- Dubuffet, Jean, 1901-1985 2
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- Heaton, Ellen, 1816-1894 2
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915 2
- Hunt, William Holman, 1827-1910 2
- Kuh, Katharine, 1904-1994 2
- Léger, Fernand, 1881-1955 2
- Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood 2
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 2
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 2 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 16
- Stored onsite and offsite 11
- Stored offsite 3
The Richard Brown Baker Papers consist of correspondence; art and artist files; professional and personal papers; exhibit files; diaries; writings; photographic prints, negatives, and slides; photograph albums; objects; printed material; and an audiocassette interview.
The William Beckford Collection consists of correspondence, a few manuscripts, personal papers of Beckford family members, a 16mm motion picture film on Beckford with accompanying reel-to-reel soundtrack, and other papers relating to Beckford research and collections.
Letters from various correspondents addressed to Dennistoun or to his wife, Isabella. Many are of a social nature. Letters from William Carnegie Northesk and William Stirling Maxwell concern art collecting.
Collection material mostly pertains the life of Paul Mellon and his relationship with Duncan Robinson, with an emphasis on Mellon's personal interests in horse racing and sporting art.
Consists of family correspondence, general correspondence, diaries, and memorabilia of the Jarves family. Major family correspondents are James Jackson Jarves, his first wife, Elizabeth Russell Swain Jarves, his son Horatio Deming Jarves, and his second wife Isabel Heyden Jarves. Collection also contains working files of Francis Steegmuller, author of The Two Lives of James Jackson Jarves, 1951.
This collection consists of three notebooks created by Paul Mellon for a “Pictorial Art” class at Yale University during his undergraduate studies (1925-1929). The notebooks include Mellon’s professor’s course material on pictorial art, pictures of artwork, and Mellon’s handwritten notes. The notes include Mellon’s critiques and analyses of the artworks, which span from ancient to contemporary.
The papers consist of correspondence, memorabilia, working scripts, writings, photographs, and published material relating to Vincent Price's acting career and activities as a supporter of the visual arts.
The papers consist chiefly of subject files maintained by Rannit, dating roughly from the 1950s to the 1980s. The subject files include correspondence, writings, photographs, and printed material that document Aleksis Rannit's life and work as an art and literary critic and Curator of the Slavic and East European Collections for the Yale University Library.
The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.