Showing Collections: 381–400 of 771
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 667
- Manuscripts and Archives 88
- Yale Divinity Library 12
- Lewis Walpole Library 2
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Gilmore Music Library 1 ∧ less
- American literature -- 20th century 244
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 241
- Authors 224
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 140
- Audiovisual materials 136
- Photographs 123
- Photographic prints 116
- Born digital 100
- American poetry -- 20th Century 76
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 73
- Sound recordings 58
- Poets -- United States -- 20th century 53
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 52
- Scrapbooks 51
- Diaries 46
- LGBTQ resource 46
- Women authors 45
- Drawings (visual works) 39
- Authors, American 36
- Poets, American -- 20th century 32 ∧ less
- French 58
- German 36
- Italian 21
- Spanish; Castilian 18
- Russian 15
- Polish 8
- Multiple languages 7
- Japanese 4
- Swedish 3
- Yiddish 3
- Chinese 2
- Danish 2
- Dutch; Flemish 2
- Hungarian 2
- Arabic 1
- Estonian 1
- Finnish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 45
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 30
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 25
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 21
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 20
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 17
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 17
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 17
- Williams, William Carlos, 1883-1963 15
- Wilson, Edmund, 1895-1972 15
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 14
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 14
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 13
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 13
- Porter, Katherine Anne, 1890-1980 13
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 13
- Hemingway, Ernest, 1899-1961 12
- Laughlin, James, 1914-1997 12
- West, Rebecca, 1892-1983 12
- Bryher, 1894-1983 11 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 383
- Stored onsite and offsite 316
- Stored onsite 72
Production and organizational files, including correspondence, writings, minutes of board meetings, grant proposals, material concerning fundraising and other related papers.
The collection contains correspondence, writings, photographs, scrapbooks and an audio recording that document the literary careers of Vladimir Korvin-Piotrovskii and IUrii Ofrosimov, the professional life of Italian sculptor Italo Griselli and the activities of the Russian expatriate Berlin Poets' Club.
The collection includes typescripts of Lynn Riggs's scripts and other writings; correspondence and subject files regarding Lynn Riggs and other Lucy Kroll Agency business associates and activities; Lucy Kroll Agency contracts and agreement files; and a small number of Lynn Riggs's personal items.
Correspondence and writings by or relating to Charles Lamb. The correspondence includes letters to Edward Moxon, Basil Montagu, and William Wordsworth. The writings includes an autograph manuscript of "Elia to his Correspondents," and a sonnet, beginning "They talk of time, and of time's galling yoke...." Accompanying material includes a pamphlet on Lamb by Edward Moxon, no. 703 of The Mirror, and two engraved portraits of Lamb.
Correspondence, writings, printed material, and artwork by or relating to Walter Savage Landor. Correspondence includes 12 ALS to William Allingham, an open letter to Ralph Waldo Emerson, and 2 ALS to Frances Milton Trollope. The writings include three sets of proof-sheets for Dry Sticks, a printed copy of Gebir, Count Julian, and other poems, with copious ms. corrections, excisions, etc. Accompanying material includes three pencil portraits of Landor by William Wetmore Story.
The collection contains autograph letters, signed, written by Andrew Lang to acquaintances and colleagues, a photograph of Lang, and a small group of autograph manuscripts.
The collection documents Elinor Langer's research and writing of the biography Josephine Herbst: The Story She Could Never Tell. The collection contains research files, correspondence, photographs, sound recordings of interviews, printed material, and other papers.
The collection contains correspondence, manuscripts, and other personal items relating to a period of Lansdale's life between 1936-1951, including his work for Newsweek magazine.
The James Laughlin Papers contain writings by Laughlin and others, an award acceptance speech by Laughlin, papers and audiocassettes relating to "New Directions at 50," the 50th Anniversary of New Directions exhibition at the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University, and various material removed from printed volumes.
The Dan H. Laurence Collection of Henry James is comprised of material compiled by Dan H. Laurence for his A Bibliography of Henry James, including correspondence, notes, and collation sheets. Laurence published A Bibliography of Henry James (London: R. Hart-Davis, 1957) in collaboration with Leon Edel.
The collection consists of correspondence, writings, agreements and contracts, photographs and artwork. The material documents Lawrence's writing career, his relationships with friends and publishers, and his travels in New Mexico, Mexico and Europe. Included is correspondence between his wife, Frieda Lawrence, and their mutual friends, and records relating to the rights to D. H. Lawrence's works after his death.