Showing Collections: 1–20 of 20
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 6
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 6
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 5
- Lewis Walpole Library 3
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 14
- Correspondence 7
- Painters -- Great Britain 5
- Painting, British -- 19th century 3
- Art appreciation 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Audiovisual materials 2
- Collectors and collecting 2
- Collectors and collecting -- Great Britain 2
- England -- Antiquities 2
- Europe -- Description and travel 2
- Painting, British 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Photography 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Wills 2
- Account books 1
- Adultery 1
- Aesthetics, Modern -- 20th Century 1 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 2
- Italian 1
- Latin 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Mellon, Paul 5
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 3
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 3
- Bacon, Leonard, 1887-1954 2
- Baskett, John 2
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893 2
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861 2
- Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 2
- Carter, John, 1905-1975 2
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 2
- Delano, William Adams, 1874-1960 2
- Heaton, Ellen, 1816-1894 2
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915 2
- Hunt, William Holman, 1827-1910 2
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 2
- Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood 2
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 2
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 2
- Siddall, Elizabeth 2
- Taylor, Basil 2 ∧ less
The William Beckford Collection consists of correspondence, a few manuscripts, personal papers of Beckford family members, a 16mm motion picture film on Beckford with accompanying reel-to-reel soundtrack, and other papers relating to Beckford research and collections.
Letters from various correspondents addressed to Dennistoun or to his wife, Isabella. Many are of a social nature. Letters from William Carnegie Northesk and William Stirling Maxwell concern art collecting.
This collection comprises an extra-illustrated copy--with many engravings and original manuscript letters--of the second edition of John Thomas Smith's Nollekens and his times, comprehending a life of that celebrated sculptor: and memoirs of several contemporary artists, from the time of Roubillac, Hogarth, and Reynolds, to that of Fuseli, Flaxman, and Blake (London : Henry Colburn, 1829).
This collection consists of three notebooks created by Paul Mellon for a “Pictorial Art” class at Yale University during his undergraduate studies (1925-1929). The notebooks include Mellon’s professor’s course material on pictorial art, pictures of artwork, and Mellon’s handwritten notes. The notes include Mellon’s critiques and analyses of the artworks, which span from ancient to contemporary.
The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.
The collection comprises manuscript material concerning Matthew Shepperson, portrait copyist, art instructor to elite lords and ladies, and collector of portraits
The collection comprises 14 autograph letters from Joseph Southall to Laurence Hodson; a catalog of paintings by Southall; and three additional lists of works by Southall.
The collection includes approximately 3,000 letters to and from Horace Walpole as well as other manuscript materials by him, including copies of Aedes Walpolianae and The Mysterious Mother, his commonplace books, his "Books of Materials," and various miscellanies.