Showing Collections: 1–20 of 54
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 30
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 10
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 6
- Manuscripts and Archives 5
- Lewis Walpole Library 3
- Art -- Collectors and collecting 24
- Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting -- United States 10
- Book collectors -- United States 9
- Book collectors -- United States -- 20th Century 8
- Correspondence 8
- Book collecting -- United States 7
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century 6
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- United States 5
- Art, British 5
- Audiovisual materials 5
- Collectors and collecting 5
- Painters -- Great Britain 5
- Photographic prints 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting 4
- Photographs 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Art museum curators -- United States 3
- Children's literature, American 3
- Collectors and collecting -- Great Britain 3 ∧ less
- French 5
- German 5
- Latin 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Estonian 1
- Mellon, Paul 7
- Yale University 6
- Babb, James T. (James Tinkham), 1899-1968 5
- Yale Center for British Art 5
- Tinker, Chauncey Brewster, 1876-1963 4
- Yale University. Library 4
- Beinecke, Frederick W. 3
- Pforzheimer, Walter L. (Walter Lionel), 1914-2003 3
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 3
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 3
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 3
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 2
- Bacon, Leonard, 1887-1954 2
- Baskett, John 2
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 2
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893 2
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861 2
- Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 2
- Calder, Alexander, 1898-1976 2
- Carter, John, 1905-1975 2 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 21
- Stored onsite and offsite 18
- Stored offsite 15
The Richard Brown Baker Papers consist of correspondence; art and artist files; professional and personal papers; exhibit files; diaries; writings; photographic prints, negatives, and slides; photograph albums; objects; printed material; and an audiocassette interview.
The papers contain writings, production reviews, programs and advertisements, plus correspondence and other papers concerned with the collecting, publishing, and producing of Baum and his works.
The William Beckford Collection consists of correspondence, a few manuscripts, personal papers of Beckford family members, a 16mm motion picture film on Beckford with accompanying reel-to-reel soundtrack, and other papers relating to Beckford research and collections.
Letters from various correspondents addressed to Dennistoun or to his wife, Isabella. Many are of a social nature. Letters from William Carnegie Northesk and William Stirling Maxwell concern art collecting.
Collection material mostly pertains the life of Paul Mellon and his relationship with Duncan Robinson, with an emphasis on Mellon's personal interests in horse racing and sporting art.
This collection comprises an extra-illustrated copy--with many engravings and original manuscript letters--of the second edition of John Thomas Smith's Nollekens and his times, comprehending a life of that celebrated sculptor: and memoirs of several contemporary artists, from the time of Roubillac, Hogarth, and Reynolds, to that of Fuseli, Flaxman, and Blake (London : Henry Colburn, 1829).
A collection of European and American portrait and topographical prints that includes work by printmakers Samuel Arlent Edwards, George Edward Perine, Eugène Sadoux, and others.
Consists of family correspondence, general correspondence, diaries, and memorabilia of the Jarves family. Major family correspondents are James Jackson Jarves, his first wife, Elizabeth Russell Swain Jarves, his son Horatio Deming Jarves, and his second wife Isabel Heyden Jarves. Collection also contains working files of Francis Steegmuller, author of The Two Lives of James Jackson Jarves, 1951.