Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 3
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893 2
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861 2
- Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 2
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 2
- Heaton, Ellen, 1816-1894 2
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915 2
- Hunt, William Holman, 1827-1910 2
- Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood 2
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 2
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 2
- Siddall, Elizabeth 2
- Art Treasures Exhibition (1857 Manchester, England) 1
- Ashburton, Louisa, Lady, 1827-1903 1
- Barrett, Arabella, -1868 1
- Blake, William, 1757-1827 1
- Bolton Abbey (Bolton Abbey, England) 1
- British Museum 1
- Browning, Robert, 1812-1889 1
- Childs, John, 1784- 1 ∧ less
Extra-illustrated Life of Nollekens
Call Number: MSS 10
Overview: This collection comprises an extra-illustrated copy--with many engravings and original manuscript letters--of the second edition of John Thomas Smith's Nollekens and his times, comprehending a life of that celebrated sculptor: and memoirs of several contemporary artists, from the time of Roubillac, Hogarth, and Reynolds, to that of Fuseli, Flaxman, and Blake (London : Henry Colburn, 1829).
Dates: 1708-1875, bulk 1768-1836
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Letters to Ellen Heaton
Call Number: MSS 47
Overview: The collection comprises 57 letters from Dante Gabriel Rossetti to Ellen Heaton written from 1855 to 1875 (the bulk from 1855 to 1864). The letters primarily pertain to works by Rossetti, including a number of his works commissioned by Heaton. Works referenced include: Beata Beatrix, Beloved, Bethlehem Gate, Dante’s dream at the time of the death of Beatrice, Dante's...
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Letters to William Houghton Clabburn
Call Number: MSS 31
Overview: The collection comprises 11 letters from Dante Gabriel Rossetti to William H. Clabburn written from 1863 to 1865. The last of these is addressed to Clabburn's wife, Hannah Louisa. The letters are accompanied by 8 envelopes addressed to Clabburn by Rossetti. Rossetti’s letters primarily relate to Clabburn’s commission of an oil replica of Rossetti’s Mary Magdalen at the door of Simon the Pharisee. The correspondence records in detail Rossetti’s artistic process...
John Ruskin Letters to Ellen Heaton
Call Number: MSS 46
Overview: The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.
Dates: 1850-1864, bulk 1855-1864
Matthew Shepperson archive
Call Number: MSS 32
Overview: The collection comprises manuscript material concerning Matthew Shepperson, portrait copyist, art instructor to elite lords and ladies, and collector of portraits
Joseph Southall archive
Call Number: MSS 80
Overview: The collection comprises 14 autograph letters from Joseph Southall to Laurence Hodson; a catalog of paintings by Southall; and three additional lists of works by Southall.