Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 4
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Yale College (1718-1887) 2
- Yale University 2
- Bissell, Jonathan Humphrey, 1800-1845 1
- Case Western Reserve University 1
- Connecticut. National Guard. Regiment, 2nd. Company F 1
- Day, Jeremiah, 1773-1867 1
- De Forest family 1
- De Forest, Andrew Woodward, 1817-1900 1
- De Forest, Dotha Woodward, d. 1847 1
- De Forest, George Frederick, 1812-1883 1
- De Forest, Henry Alfred, 1814-1858 1
- De Forest, John Hancock, 1776-1839 1
- De Forest, John William, 1826-1906 1
- De Forest, Louis Effingham, 1891- 1
- De Forest, Louis Shepard, 1857-1938 1
- Humphreysville Manufacturing Company 1
- Lee, Frank Trumbull, 1856-1902 1
- Loomis, Elias, 1811-1889 1
- Michael Brown Rare Books, LLC 1
- New York University 1 ∧ less
Call Number: MS 1442
Overview: The papers consist primarily of Jonathan Humphrey Bissell's letters to his family in Hartford, written while he was a student at Yale. There are forty-five letters in all; thirty-eight were written to his brother, Titus L. Bissell, Jr. In the letters, Bissell describes his college activities, mentions schoolbooks and pictures that he has purchased for his younger brothers, requests that particular items of clothing be mended or sent from home, and details his academic expenses, since he relied...
Found in: Manuscripts and Archives
Call Number: GEN MSS 1959
Overview: Circa 1,600 autograph letters, mostly signed, addressed to Jeremiah Day, 1797-1863. Letters pertain chiefly to Day's role as President of Yale College (1817-1846).
Call Number: YCAL MSS 582
Overview: The papers consist of correspondence, writings, personal papers, legal and financial records, and related papers of the De Forest family. There is also some correspondence relating to the Sergeant and Shepard families (who married into the De Forest family). Family members prominent in the papers include John Hancock De Forest, his wife Dotha Woodward, and their sons George Frederick De Forest, Henry Alfred De Forest, Andrew Woodward De Forest, and John William De Forest. The papers contain...
Call Number: WA MSS S-4349
Overview: 746 letters, bank deposit books, checkbooks, cash account books, a stock ledger book, receipts, circulars, brochures, prospectuses, documents, and ephemera by or relating to Colonel Frank Trumbull Lee, 1887-1901. Materials document Lee's business ventures in New Haven, Connecticut; his family life; and his time serving in the Connecticut National Guard. Included is correspondence relating to Lee's mining and real estate ventures in Tallapoosa, Georgia; Kansas City, Missouri; and Kearney,...
Call Number: GEN MSS 2110
Overview: Circa 800 autograph letters, mostly signed, addressed to Elias Loomis, 1828-1889. Letters pertain chiefly to Loomis's teaching and research in astronomy and meteorology. Correspondents are primarily scientists and other scholars.
Dates: circa 1828-1889