Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Yale University 2
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 1
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions 1
- Andover Theological Seminary 1
- Bryan, William Jennings, 1860-1925 1
- Bushnell, Horace, 1802-1876 1
- Croswell, Harry, 1778-1858 1
- Dwight, Timothy, 1828-1916 1
- Episcopal Church 1
- First Church of Christ (Hartford, Conn.) 1
- Fisher, George Park, 1827-1909 1
- General Association of Congregational Churches and Ministers of Massachusetts 1
- Gladden, Washington, 1836-1918 1
- Hale, Enoch, 1753-1837 1
- Hale, Nathan, 1784-1863 1
- Hampshire Missionary Society 1
- Moody, Dwight Lyman, 1837-1899 1
- Munger, Theodore Thornton, 1830-1910 1
- Porter, Noah, 1811-1892 1
- Seelye, Julius H. (Julius Hawley), 1824-1895 1 ∧ less
Call Number: RG 39
Overview: The collection includes five diaries containing valuable biographical information and documenting Bushnell's trip abroad, 1845-1846, and manuscript sermons, 1832-1875, which give insight into the less formal aspects of Bushnell's thought. The material written about Bushnell during his lifetime pertains to the controversy associated with his theological beliefs. Horace Bushnell was born in Bantam, Connecticut on April 14, 1802. He was educated at Yale (B.A., 1827; M.A., 1830; B.D., 1833), and...
Call Number: RG 258
Overview: Diaries, family records and history of the Parish of Trinity Church, New Haven (1740-1820) by Harry Croswell, journalist and later minister of Trinity Church from 1815 until his death. The diaries in 14 volumes (1821-1858), offer a daily record of his life in New Haven as well as accounts of his participation in the work of the church in the surrounding region and in the affairs of Trinity College, Hartford.Croswell also records the formation of the black congregation, St. Luke's, in 1844....
Call Number: RG 66
Overview: Correspondence relates to Hale's roles as minister, father, educator, Secretary of the General Association of Congregational Churches and Ministers of Massachusetts, and Secretary of the Hampshire Missionary Society. Diaries contain brief daily entries describing the weather, notable activities and events, sermons written and preached, town meetings attended, marriages performed, visitors received, journeys taken and chores performed. Also included is information regarding births and deaths in...
Call Number: RG 263
Overview: John Sung (1901-1944) was a prominent Chinese Christian evangelist. This collection consists of of a complete collection of his diaries spanning from 1919 to 1944, correspondence and postcards (primarily to his parents), and his writings and notes (such as sermons, Bible stories, reflections on his illness, prayer lists, etc.)
Call Number: RG 51
Overview: Correspondence, diaries, notes and writings of George Leon and Williston Walker form the core of the collection and provide extensive biographical information. They detail the activities of a typical New England clergyman during the second half of the 19th century and provide information on national news, political events, the Civil War, slavery, financial news on currency and taxes, and daily weather conditions. Also included are records of sermons preached and pastoral records. George Leon...