Showing Collections: 1–20 of 356
- Manuscripts and Archives 223
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 106
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 7
- Yale Divinity Library 6
- Diaries 297
- Families 99
- Clergy 67
- Account books 48
- Educators 42
- Europe -- Description and travel 40
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 40
- Sermons 36
- Connecticut 35
- Photographs 33
- Business 32
- Scrapbooks 31
- Authors 30
- Lawyers 30
- Asia 25
- Europe 25
- Law 25
- West (U.S.) 25
- Photographic prints 23
- United States -- Politics and government 23 ∧ less
- French 11
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 5
- Italian 2
- Russian 2
- Yale University 105
- Dwight, Timothy, 1828-1916 14
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 13
- Hadley, Arthur Twining, 1856-1930 11
- Dana, James Dwight, 1813-1895 10
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 10
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 10
- Woolsey, Theodore Dwight, 1801-1889 10
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 9
- Angell, James Rowland, 1869-1949 8
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1816-1885 8
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 8
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915 8
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 7
- Fisher, Irving, 1867-1947 7
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 7
- Howells, William Dean, 1837-1920 7
- Agassiz, Louis, 1807-1873 6
- Davis, John W. (John William), 1873-1955 6
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 6 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 199
- Stored onsite and offsite 112
- Stored onsite 45
The papers contain correspondence, letterpress copybooks, legal and financial documents, diaries, maps, blueprints, and photographs, the bulk of which documents the personal life and law and business careers of Edwin Hale Abbot.
Correspondence, diaries, bills, receipts, legal papers, genealogical notes, and miscellanea concerning the Allis family of New Haven, Connecticut, and members of the Colton, Stockbridge, and Foote families, 1840-1895.
The Matthew Arnold Collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and related to Matthew Arnold, including family, personal and professional correspondence; diaries by Mary Penrose Arnold; letters from Frances Lucy Arnold to Arthur Galton; and a small quanitity of personal papers and manuscript items. Correspondents include Arthur Hugh Clough, James Thomas Knowles and George Smith.
Collection consists of two diaries by Arthur Botswick Van Buskirk documenting his military experience during World War I. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, tickets, and other ephemera were originally inserted between diary pages. Several pages in volume II detail the Armistice of November 11, 1918 in Paris, France.
Materials that have been removed from the diaries have been sleeved and labeled to indicate their original location, when known.
The Richard Brown Baker Papers consist of correspondence; art and artist files; professional and personal papers; exhibit files; diaries; writings; photographic prints, negatives, and slides; photograph albums; objects; printed material; and an audiocassette interview.
The material consists of a travel diary documenting Reverend Kempton D. Baldridge's (Yale Divinity 1988) tenure as command chaplain aboard the U.S.S. Thomas S. Gates during Operation Desert Shield and the Persian Gulf War.
The papers detail the personal lives and professional careers of several generations and family lines of the Baldwin family. The legal, political, and business activities of family members in Connecticut, New York, and elsewhere are documented. Major topics include: family, women, law, education, Connecticut and New York politics and government, New Haven, Connecticut, and Yale University.
Scrapbooks, manuscripts, diaries. letters, and personal papers documenting the lives and careers of American humorist John Kendrick Bangs and his son, Francis Hyde Bangs.
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, military papers, and other material documenting the military career of Albert Barnitz and Barnitz family life. The papers concern such subjects as cavalry operations, military life, relations between parents and children, and child rearing practices.