Showing Collections: 301–320 of 356
- Manuscripts and Archives 223
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 106
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 7
- Yale Divinity Library 6
- Diaries 297
- Families 99
- Clergy 67
- Account books 48
- Educators 42
- Europe -- Description and travel 40
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 40
- Sermons 36
- Connecticut 35
- Photographs 33
- Business 32
- Scrapbooks 31
- Authors 30
- Lawyers 30
- Asia 25
- Europe 25
- Law 25
- West (U.S.) 25
- Photographic prints 23
- United States -- Politics and government 23 ∧ less
- French 11
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- German 5
- Italian 2
- Russian 2
- Yale University 105
- Dwight, Timothy, 1828-1916 14
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 13
- Hadley, Arthur Twining, 1856-1930 11
- Dana, James Dwight, 1813-1895 10
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 10
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 10
- Woolsey, Theodore Dwight, 1801-1889 10
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 9
- Angell, James Rowland, 1869-1949 8
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1816-1885 8
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 8
- Washington, Booker T., 1856-1915 8
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 7
- Fisher, Irving, 1867-1947 7
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 7
- Howells, William Dean, 1837-1920 7
- Agassiz, Louis, 1807-1873 6
- Davis, John W. (John William), 1873-1955 6
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 6 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 199
- Stored onsite and offsite 112
- Stored onsite 45
The Christopher Sykes Papers document the personal and professional life of British author Christopher Sykes (1907-1986). The Papers span the dates 1909 to 1976 and contain correspondence, writings, personal papers, and photographs documenting Sykes's career as a writer as well as his work for the Foreign Office, the military, and the British Broadcasting Corporation.
Diaries of Curtis Thompson, 1835-1904, of Stratford, Connecticut, from 1867-1903. Included in the diaries is an autobiographical sketch; genealogical data on the family of the author, and that of his wife, Louise Wilcox Thompson; and numerous notes and clippings, chiefly concerning contemporary personalities in Connecticut and elsewhere.
Journals, letterbook, medical notes, and essays of Benajah Ticknor, doctor and surgeon with the U.S. Navy. Of primary importance are the journals which describe journeys made by Ticknor with the Navy to South America, the Far East, and Europe.
The papers contain correspondence, drafts of unpublished books, essays, and other writings, together with personal papers documenting Toomer's life, primarily after his Harlem Renaissance period, and papers on Marjory Latimer Toomer. Correspondents include Charles Dupee, Waldo Front, Mabel Dodge Luhan, Margaret Naumberg, and Russell S. Walcott.
The papers contain correspondence between Tully and his colleagues, primarily medical colleagues, and with the medical schools in which he taught. Also present is Tully's autograph diary covering the three months he spent studying medicine with Nathan Smith in Hanover, New Hampshire, drafts of his writings, two catalogues of his library, and a group of certificates and and diplomas he received from schools and professional societies.
The papers consist of the 111 volume diary, dating 1754-1765, of Thomas Turner, shopkeeper, school-master, and church warden in the village of East Hoathly in Sussex, England. There is also additional historical material relating to both Turner and his diary including some papers related to its proposed publication in the later 1940s.
Principal figures in these papers are Clara A. Case Underwood, her daughter, Clara Beatrice, and son, Eugene Bertrand. Included is some family correspondence (1860-1904), an autograph album kept by Clara A. Underwood, European travel diaries and notes written by Clara Beatrice Underwood (1903), and various certificates of membership and diplomas of Eugene Bertrand Underwood and his first wife, Lottie Elizabeth Treat Underwood.
The Jean Starr Untermeyer Papers contain correspondence, photographs, book reviews, obituaries, poems, offprints, newspaper clippings, and miscellaneous papers.