Showing Collections: 41–60 of 186
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 138
- Manuscripts and Archives 23
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 9
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 5
- Drawings (visual works) 126
- Photographs 46
- Audiovisual materials 23
- Watercolors (paintings) 22
- Scrapbooks 19
- Photographic prints 18
- American literature -- 20th century 17
- Architectural drawings (visual works) 16
- Drawings (visual works) -- United States -- 20th Century 16
- Artists -- United States -- 20th Century 15
- Sketches 15
- Born digital 14
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 13
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 13
- Sketchbooks 13
- Diaries 12
- Artists -- United States 11
- Paintings (visual works) 11
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 10
- Authors 10 ∧ less
- German 15
- French 13
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Italian 5
- Multiple languages 3
- Chinese 2
- Dutch; Flemish 2
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Navajo; Navaho 1
- Nepali 1
- Persian 1
- Portuguese 1
- Romanian; Moldavian; Moldovan 1
- Thai 1
- Tibetan 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 24
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 5
- Yale Peabody Museum 5
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 4
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 4
- Yale College (1718-1887) 4
- Yale University. Library 4
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 3
- Betjeman, John, 1906-1984 3
- Clemens, Samuel Langhorne, 1835-1910 3
- Cocteau, Jean, 1889-1963 3
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 3
- Genet, Jean, 1910-1986 3
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 3
- Maugham, W. Somerset (William Somerset), 1874-1965 3
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980 3
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 3
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 3
- Sassoon, Siegfried, 1886-1967 3
- Shaw, Bernard, 1856-1950 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 89
- Stored offsite 50
- Stored onsite 47
This collection contains examples of drawings and paintings on paper. Many of these pieces were intended for use or used as illustrations in published works. The majority of the collection is late 19th century. There are two paintings on un-stretched canvas.
The W. A. Dwiggins Collection contains examples of graphic design by William Addison Dwiggins, who worked from the early to mid-20th century. The materials range from original drawings to both business and personal designs.
The collection comprises designs, notes & miscellaneous papers relating to buildings and agricultural improvements for Edgeworthstown, Richard Lovell Edgeworth's model village in Ireland, 1796-1815. Most of the designs and notes are by Daniel Augustus Beaufort, father in law of R.L. Edgeworth.
Otto Eggers proposal sketches for John Russell Pope's "Yale University: A Plan for Its Future Building"
The collection consists of photographs and lithographs of sketches by Otto R. Eggers that were used in John Russell Pope's "Yale University: A Plan for Its Future Building," submitted to the Yale Corporation in 1919.
The papers consist of correspondence, unpublished writings, awards, memorabilia, and maps relating to Lincoln Ellsworth's flight across the North Pole in 1926. Included also is a copy of P. Ku?hne's: Chamois-Hunting in Switzerland, with the original drawings and correspondence of Arthur Frost. Principal correspondents are Roald Amundsen, Richard E. Byrd, Calvin Coolidge, Wilbur Cross, Charles Dawes, Frank Kellogg, and Theodore Roosevelt.
This collection contains artwork, printed material, correspondence, photographs, and other papers created by or related to Louise Everhardy’s life and work.
The collection consists of letters from Rachel Field to Ruth Stanley-Brown Feis and from Field to Prentiss Taylor. Also included in the collection are writings by Field, many with illustrations by Taylor, and original writings and drawings by Taylor.
Collection consists of manuscripts, typescripts, photographs, and other documents relating to fishing, flies for fishing, and fishing trips taken in England and North America. Most of the items were formerly in the collection of David Wagstaff.
The Charles Henri Ford Papers contain correspondence, writings, and artwork that document Ford's activities as an author and journal editor,with the bulk of the material dating from 1928 to 2002. Much of the material acquired before 1982 relates to the journals Blues and View, while the 2004 acquisition includes documentation of broader range of Ford's activities.
A set of nineteen posters with 112 bust portraits depicting identified men and women, primarily authors, artists, scientists, monarchs, and religious and political leaders from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, with a group of idealized heads illustrating characteristics identified by phrenologists.
The collection comprises material related to the work of Helen Haywood, illustrator of children's books. The material includes drawings, mock-ups, and typed stories.