Showing Collections: 141–160 of 304
- Manuscripts and Archives 246
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 50
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 3
- Yale Divinity Library 3
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Lewis Walpole Library 1 ∧ less
- Families 245
- Diaries 102
- Clergy 63
- Account books 59
- Connecticut 56
- Business 51
- Lawyers 44
- Deeds 41
- Educators 41
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 39
- United States -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 37
- Europe -- Description and travel 34
- Sermons 31
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 31
- Law 29
- New Haven (Conn.) 29
- Education 27
- West (U.S.) 26
- United States -- Politics and government 25
- Women 25 ∧ less
- French 2
- German 2
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- Latin 1
- Yale University 94
- Dwight, Timothy, 1828-1916 14
- Dana, James Dwight, 1813-1895 10
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1779-1864 10
- Woolsey, Theodore Dwight, 1801-1889 10
- Dwight, Timothy, 1752-1817 9
- Porter, Noah, 1811-1892 8
- Webster, Noah, 1758-1843 8
- Gilman, Daniel C. (Daniel Coit), 1831-1908 7
- Seward, William H. (William Henry), 1801-1872 7
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 7
- Baldwin, Simeon E. (Simeon Eben), 1840-1927 6
- Baldwin, Simeon, 1761-1851 6
- Day, Jeremiah, 1773-1867 6
- Fisher, George Park, 1827-1909 6
- Hadley, Arthur Twining, 1856-1930 6
- Morse, Jedidiah, 1761-1826 6
- Morse, Samuel Finley Breese, 1791-1872 6
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 6
- Silliman, Benjamin, 1816-1885 6 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 216
- Stored onsite and offsite 69
- Stored onsite 19
The papers contain correspondence and printed material documenting the lives of several Kenagas, Baers, and Reists of New York, California, and several midwest states.
The principal figures in these papers are Benjamin Labaree and his wife, Eliza Paul Capen Labaree. Their papers consist of courtship letters and other correspondence (1831-1835), his autobiography written in 1879 and five of her school notebooks compiled while she was at the Ipswich Academy (ca. 1829-1830). Also in the papers is a sketchbook by James McIntosh, and a collection of family letters (1917-1919) edited by Leonard Woods Labaree and abridged by Rachel Capen Schauffler.
Correspondence and legal and financial papers of the Lathrop family of Norwich, Connecticut. More than half of the papers are made up of deeds, receipts, bills of sale, and maps of lands in the Connecticut Western Reserve of Ohio (1830-1832) inherited by Jonathan G. W. Trumbull through his wife from Joshua and David Lathrop. Principal figures in the collection are Joshua Lathrop and his sons, Daniel and Frank T. Lathrop.
The papers include correspondence, journal entries, photographs, sketches, and printed ephemera that document the life and military career of John Vance Lauderdale. Originally bound in thirteen indexed scrapbooks. Subjects discussed include family life, military life, treatment of Indians and blacks, and the practice of medicine. Two boxes of lantern slides accompany papers.
Financial papers, deeds, legal documents, bills and receipts and other papers relating to the Lefferts and related families of New York. The papers include a group of documents concerning Aaron Burr's efforts in 1833-1834 to obtain a government pension. The papers also contain newspaper clippings covering the period 1830-1936.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Families Project, Yale Research Initiative on the History of Sexualities, records
Collection of several thousand clipped autographs, franked envelopes, and autographed notes and letters by British notables, mostly from the nineteenth century. The collection is particularly strong in members of the British royal family; members of the nobility and gentry; politicians; churchmen, including missionaries and members of the Anglican hierarchy; and artists, actors, authors and journalists.
Consists of several thousand clipped autographs, franked envelopes, autographed photographs and printed cards and slips, and autograph notes and letters.
Bills, receipts, and miscellaneous papers of the Livingston household of Lawrence, Long Island. Included are reading lists for the Half Hour Reading Club. Principal family members are James LaRhett Livingston and his wife, Frances Park Forsyth Livingston.