Showing Collections: 1–20 of 80
- Manuscripts and Archives 63
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 15
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 1
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 1
- Journalism 32
- Journalists 22
- Authors 13
- Diaries 12
- Editors 10
- Journals (notebooks) 8
- Photographs 8
- Educators 7
- Families 7
- United States -- Politics and government 7
- Asia 6
- Journals 6
- Science 6
- Account books 5
- Clergy 5
- College student newspapers and periodicals 5
- Europe -- Description and travel 5
- Journalism, College 5
- Lawyers 5
- Literature -- History and criticism 5 ∧ less
- Latin 1
- Yale University 23
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 5
- Lippmann, Walter, 1889-1974 5
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 4
- Baker, Ray Stannard, 1870-1946 4
- Bowles, Chester, 1901-1986 4
- Douglas, Paul H. (Paul Howard), 1892-1976 4
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 4
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 4
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 4
- Fulbright, J. William (James William), 1905-1995 4
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 4
- Mumford, Lewis, 1895-1990 4
- Perkins, Frances, 1880-1965 4
- Reston, James, 1909-1995 4
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 4
- Stevenson, Adlai E. (Adlai Ewing), 1900-1965 4
- Truman, Harry S., 1884-1972 4
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 4
- Baruch, Bernard M. (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 55
- Stored onsite and offsite 20
- Stored onsite 5
The papers contain correspondence, letterpress copybooks, legal and financial documents, diaries, maps, blueprints, and photographs, the bulk of which documents the personal life and law and business careers of Edwin Hale Abbot.
The collection comprises forty-seven journals begun while Robbins Battell Anderson was a freshman at Yale and continuing throughout his life, containing almost daily entries of his activities. More in-depth material includes entries relating to the attack on Pearl Harbor and political commentary on wartime events.
The papers include correspondence, legal documents, petitions, pamphlets, and printed material of Samuel Bowles, journalist and political activist. As editor of the influential Springfield Republican, Bowles was a prominent national voice on many public issues during the mid-nineteenth century and included in the papers is correspondence from a number of national political and business figures.
The papers consist of student notebooks, a letterbook, and a journal of Charles A. Bristed, Jr., and his wife. Bristed's student notebooks were produced while he studied at Stonyhurst College in England, 1887-1889.
The papers consist of correspondence, writings, notebooks, artwork, photographs, and printed matter which document Louise Bryant's career as a journalist and her personal and family life. The papers contain only a small amount of material about John Reed.
This collection contains photographic prints, slides and negatives by photojournalist D. Michael Cheers. The bulk of the photographs contain images used for articles in Ebony South Africa, of which Cheers was managing editor from 1995-2000. Other material includes Cheers' photojournalism work, including his coverage of Jesse Jackson's presidential campaigns, the Rainbow Coalition, Jackson's meetings with Nelson Mandela, and photographs of Hugh Masekela.
The papers consist of correspondence, topical files, writings, and laboratory notebooks which document John Enders's research and teaching in the field of bacteriology and virology.
This collection chiefly consists of photographs collected by Robert B. Fisher, but also includes his subject files and a small quantity of writings related to the history of photography, 1840-1998.
The Forbes papers document Thomas Rogers Forbes's professional life, predominantly his years at Yale University. The materials include correspondence, subject files and items associated with his administrative responsibilities and editorial and committee work. Research and writings files highlight his scientific research on hormones, as well as his publications and films in the history of medicine.