Showing Collections: 1–20 of 100
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 48
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 31
- Manuscripts and Archives 17
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 3
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 1
- Maps 46
- Connecticut 23
- Photographs 23
- Maps (documents) 19
- USA 18
- Correspondence 13
- Field notebooks 13
- Drawings (visual works) 7
- New York 7
- Photoprints 7
- Locality information 6
- Diaries 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Account books 4
- Manuscript materials 4
- Maps -- United States 4
- Mexico -- Maps 4
- Photographic prints 4
- Soldiers -- United States 4
- Architectural records 3 ∧ less
- French 2
- Latin 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Arabic 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- German 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 39
- Yale Peabody Museum 28
- Bowman, Isaiah, 1878-1950 3
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 3
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 3
- American Geographical Society of New York 2
- Angell, James Rowland, 1869-1949 2
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton, 1823-1887 2
- Bingham, Hiram, 1875-1956 2
- Brant, Joseph, 1742-1807 2
- Breasted, James Henry, 1865-1935 2
- Claus, Daniel, 1727-1787 2
- Fisher, Irving, 1867-1947 2
- Graham, William Montrose, Jr., 1834-1916 2
- Gregory, Herbert E. (Herbert Ernest), 1869-1952 2
- Hadley, Arthur Twining, 1856-1930 2
- Hrdlička, Aleš, 1869-1943 2
- Jefferson, Mark, 1863-1949 2
- Johnson, Guy, approximately 1740-1788 2
- Johnson, William, 1715-1774 2 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite 49
- Stored onsite and offsite 33
- Stored offsite 18
The papers contain correspondence, letterpress copybooks, legal and financial documents, diaries, maps, blueprints, and photographs, the bulk of which documents the personal life and law and business careers of Edwin Hale Abbot.
The collection contains correspondence, writings, and other papers of educator and social reformer Nathaniel T. Allen, and biographical and research materials about him. Manuscripts in each series are accompanied by additional photocopied materials, some annotated by an unidentified researcher; for most, locations of originals are unidentified.
The archives of Thomas W. Amsden including maps, field notes and photographs. These focus on his 1947 Yale dissertation, "Stratigraphy and paleontology of the Brownsport Silurian of western Tennessee."
The materials consist of design, preliminary, working, shop, and "as built" architectural drawings and maps of buildings and grounds owned or used by Yale University. The drawings range from original concepts to full scale details of equipment and ornamentation. The media vary from water colors, pen and ink sketches, pencil on tracing paper drawings to blueprints and photostats.
The papers document the late nineteenth and early twentieth-century historiography of General George Armstrong Custer and the Little Big Horn Battle. The collection contains research material consisting of correspondence, notes, writings, photoprints and maps. There is some original nineteenth centry material related to Custer, in particular the correspondence of Edward Settle Godfrey, but most of the papers are reproductions of original primary material.
The archives of Charles Emerson Beecher including illustrations, catalogs, notes and locality information encompassing his career at Yale, and focusing on his work with fossil invertebrates.
The archives of Frederick A. Braun including personal collection notes, his original catalog, and information regarding the contents and sale of his collection to Yale.
The Besmilr Brigham papers consists of correspondence, writings, notes and drawings, printed material, personal papers, and audiovisual media documenting the life and work of poet Besmilr Brigham. Materials date from 1931 to 2011, with the bulk dating between 1960 and 1990.
The collection comprises British printed transportation ephemera, including maps, guides, and promotional material.