Showing Collections: 61–80 of 175
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 103
- Manuscripts and Archives 64
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 4
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 2
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 1
- Lewis Walpole Library 1 ∧ less
- Scrapbooks 152
- Photographs 41
- Photographic prints 34
- Diaries 26
- Audiovisual materials 24
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 23
- American literature -- 20th century 22
- Authors 22
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 20
- Photograph albums 19
- Drawings (visual works) 17
- College sports 15
- Families 14
- Scrapbooks -- United States -- 20th Century 14
- Born digital 13
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century 12
- Sound recordings 11
- Account books 8
- American poetry -- 20th Century 8
- Postcards 8 ∧ less
- French 8
- German 7
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Italian 3
- Chinese 2
- Yale University 53
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics 13
- Yale University Athletic Association 12
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 7
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 6
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation 5
- Hadley, Arthur Twining, 1856-1930 4
- Knollenberg, Bernhard, 1892-1973 4
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 4
- Pinchot, Gifford, 1865-1946 4
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 4
- Alfred A. Knopf, Inc 3
- Barrie, J. M. (James Matthew), 1860-1937 3
- Camp, Walter, 1859-1925 3
- Day, George Parmly, 1876-1959 3
- Ewing, Max 3
- Hapgood, Hutchins, 1869-1944 3
- Hapgood, Norman, 1868-1937 3
- Howells, William Dean, 1837-1920 3
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 88
- Stored offsite 63
- Stored onsite 24
The Charles Henri Ford Papers contain correspondence, writings, and artwork that document Ford's activities as an author and journal editor,with the bulk of the material dating from 1928 to 2002. Much of the material acquired before 1982 relates to the journals Blues and View, while the 2004 acquisition includes documentation of broader range of Ford's activities.
The papers contain correspondence, journals, financial papers, scrapbooks and drafts of Frost's poetry, short stories, and longer works.
Correspondence, photographs, postcards, scrapbooks, and others papers compiled by Francis Willoughby Frost relating primarily to travel while accompanying United States Secretary of War William Howard Taft on a 1905 diplomatic mission resulting in the Taft-Katsura Agreement. Locations visited include Manila, Philippines, and Tokyo, Japan.
The collection documents the life and career of illustrator, author, and painter, Hardie Gramatky (1907-1979). Materials in the collection include correspondence, photographs, personal papers, and materials related to Gramatky's career as a children's book author and illustrator.
Watercolor sketchbooks created and scrapbooks chiefly compiled by Henry Duncan Grant that document his world travel as an officer in the Royal Navy, 1866-1896 and his family until 1900.
The collection consists of correspondence, writings, professional and personal papers, photographs, printed material, computer and audiovisual media, and other papers documenting the career and life of American author, curator, and gallerist Eric Gustafson. Also included are correspondence, ephemera, and photographs of Navajo artist R. C. Gorman.
Correspondence, writings, diaries, account books, and miscellanea of the Hadley family, including materials relating to James Hadley, 1821-1872, a professor of Greek at Yale University; Anne Loring Twining Hadley, 1816-1897, wife of James Hadley; Helen Harrison Morris Hadley, 1864-1939, wife of Arthur Twining Hadley, 1856-1930, president of Yale University, 1899-1921; and Morris Hadley, 1894-1979, the son of Arthur T. and Helen H. Hadley.
The materials consist of a scrapbook,photographs, a calendar celebrating Yale's 1901 bicentennial, the Class of 1901's valedictory poem and oration, and other assorted printed materials documenting Harry T. Hamilton's (Yale 1904) life as a student at Yale. Included is a memoir by Henry Bancroft Twombly, a Yale football player, and an edition of Yale, A Record of the Dinner, February 16, 1889.
The collection consists of scrapbooks collected by Jessica Helfand as research for her book Scrapbooks: an American History (Yale University Press, 2008). Also includes examples of volvelles.