Showing Collections: 1–2 of 2
- Astronomers 1
- Astronomy -- Research 1
- Astronomy -- Study and teaching 1
- College buildings 1
- Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy 1
- Brouwer, Dirk, 1902- 1
- Brown, Ernest W. (Ernest William), 1866-1938 1
- Brown, Robert, 1836-1911 1
- Elkin, William L. (William Lewis), 1855-1933 1
The records consist of correspondence, letter books, financial papers, reports, and recommendations documenting the period of planning and construction of the Astronomical Observatory, also known as the Yale University Observatory. Notable contributors to the records include Leonard Waldo, astronomer in charge of the Horological Bureau of the Observatory; Robert Brown, secretary of the Board of Managers; and Hubert A. Newton, director of the observatory.
The records consist of correspondence, observation books, memoranda, and research notes documenting the activities and operations of the Yale Department of Astronomy. Included are subject files maintained by the directors of the Yale Observatory.