Showing Collections: 1–20 of 36
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 27
- Gilmore Music Library 6
- Manuscripts and Archives 2
- Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 13
- American literature -- 20th century 12
- Photographic prints 9
- Authors 8
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 5
- American drama -- 20th Century 4
- Audiovisual materials 4
- Composers -- Correspondence 4
- Music -- United States -- 20th Century 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Collectors and collecting 3
- Modernism (Literature) 3
- Photographs 3
- Piano music 3
- United States -- Intellectual life -- 20th Century 3
- American poetry -- 20th Century 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 2
- Autographs 2
- Composers -- United States -- 20th Century 2 ∧ less
- German 4
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Benét, Stephen Vincent, 1898-1943 5
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 5
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989 5
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 5
- Wilder, Isabel, 1900-1995 5
- Yale University 5
- Cocteau, Jean, 1889-1963 4
- Donovan, Richard, 1891-1970 4
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 4
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 4
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 4
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 3
- Brandt & Brandt 3
- Copland, Aaron, 1900-1990 3
- Cowell, Henry, 1897-1965 3
- Edmunds, John, 1913-1986 3
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 3
- Foss, Lukas, 1922-2009 3
- Harrison, Gilbert A. 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 19
- Stored onsite and offsite 12
- Stored onsite 5
The Stephen Vincent Benét and Rosemary Benét papers consist of correspondence, manuscripts, printed material, and personal and family papers documenting the life and work of American authors Stephen Vincent Benét and Rosemary Benét. The collection spans the years 1829 to 1962, with the bulk of the collection dating from roughly 1910 to 1943.
Collection material is chiefly in English; with some material in French, German, Polish, and Swedish.
The Cleanth Brooks Papers contain correspondence, manuscripts of books, textbooks, essays, lectures, and various other shorter works, classroom material, professional papers, writings of others, and personal papers which document aspects of the life and career of Cleanth Brooks.
Scripts, correspondence and photographs documenting the film productions of Mary Ellen Bute and Ted Nemeth. The films represented in this collection include "Passages from James Joyce's Finnegan's Wake," "Skin of Our Teeth," and "Out of the Cradle Endlessly Rocking."
The Gladys Campbell Papers contain correspondence, writings, and other papers that document the work of the poet Gladys Campbell and other members of the University of Chicago Poetry Club, as well as her relationships with other poets. The papers also contain writings of George Dillon, Charles Bell, Janet Lewis, Maurice Lesemann, Naomi Clark, and Morton Zabel. The papers span the years 1914 to 1995.
The John Chipman Farrar Papers consist of correspondence, subject files, manuscripts, personal papers, and printed material relating to the personal and professional life of John Chipman Farrar, and to a lesser degree, his wife Margaret Petherbridge Farrar, between 1916 and 1974. The Papers also document the publishing firms Farrar and Rinehart and Farrar, Straus, and Giroux. A number of authors' correspondence and drafts are included in the Papers.
The Eardley Knollys papers contains correspondence, writings, personal and family papers, photographs, and business papers relating to Eardley Knollys and Storran Gallery. Material documents Knollys's relationships with writers, artists, poets, playwrights, and art critics.
The Sinclair Lewis Papers consist of manuscripts, correspondence, photographs, and personal papers documenting the life and work of novelist and author Sinclair Lewis.