Showing Collections: 1–20 of 5337
- Language: English X
- Manuscripts and Archives 2721
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1696
- Yale Divinity Library 351
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 134
- Gilmore Music Library 123
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 84
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 42
- Lewis Walpole Library 22
- Oral History of American Music 14 ∧ less
- Photographs 581
- Diaries 297
- Photographic prints 287
- Educators 286
- American literature -- 20th century 283
- Families 245
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 243
- Audiovisual materials 230
- Authors 224
- Born digital 213
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 210
- Clergy 184
- Connecticut 153
- Scrapbooks 152
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 143
- Drawings (visual works) 125
- Lawyers 124
- Account books 117
- American poetry -- 20th Century 116
- Business 115 ∧ less
- French 122
- German 90
- Italian 39
- Spanish; Castilian 39
- Russian 26
- Latin 13
- Japanese 10
- Polish 10
- Chinese 8
- Multiple languages 8
- Dutch; Flemish 6
- Portuguese 5
- Yiddish 5
- Arabic 4
- Swedish 4
- Korean 3
- Danish 2
- Finnish 2
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 2 ∧ less
- Yale University 1527
- Yale University. School of Medicine 94
- Yale University. Library 88
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Yale College (1718-1887) 64
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 45
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 43
- Yale Law School 43
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 42
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 39
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 39
- Yale University. President's Office 38
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 37
- Yale College (1887- ) 37
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 36
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 36
- Yale Center for British Art 36
- Yale School of Drama 36
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics 35
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 34 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 3416
- Stored onsite and offsite 1219
- Stored onsite 702
The records consist of correspondence, news releases, publications, a press book, and letters congratulating Yale on its 250th anniversary.
Yale University celebrated its 275th anniversary on 15 October 1976. The records primarily consist of background materials, drafts and transcripts of ceremonial remarks, and writings by invited speakers, including a commemorative poem by Archibald Macleish.
The materials consist of research notes, copies of articles, correspondence, outlines, drafts, and other materials compiled by Sarah Hammond (Yale College, 1999) for her senior essay titled, "A Brief History of Bladderball."
The Richard Aaron Collection of Ira Cohen contains correspondence, writings, artwork, photographs, production files, and other papers by, to, or relating to Ira Cohen's life and work.
The papers contain correspondence, letterpress copybooks, legal and financial documents, diaries, maps, blueprints, and photographs, the bulk of which documents the personal life and law and business careers of Edwin Hale Abbot.
Minister and diplomat. Correspondence largely relating to Abbot's service as secretary to Daniel Webster and as an agent of the State Department in England and Canada. Included are 104 letters by Daniel Webster as well as copies of several of his speeches. State Department papers concerning controversies with England (1837-1852), newspaper clippings about Daniel Webster and miscellaneous receipts, inventories and photographs make up the remainder of the papers.
This collection contains daguerreotype images of missionaries who had been appointed for service by The American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions. The daguerreotype process for creating photographs was used during the 1840s and 1850s. Series III contains two color miniature portraits that date from 1839. This collection was originally held at the Franklin Trask Library of Andover Newton Theological School and was transferred to the Yale Divinity Library in 2017.
The materials consist of photographs documenting the construction of the Accelerator Laboratories at Yale, including the 1961 addition.
An artificial collection of account books and financial volumes, ca. 1680-1930, relating to such occupations as: farmers, merchants, traders, millers, blacksmiths, lawyers, manufacturers, laborers, physicians, shoemakers, carpenters, tailors, and cigar makers. Materials relating to private organizations and businesses are also included. The collection focuses on the Connecticut and New England region.
Autograph manuscript letters, signed, of Janet Achurch and Charles Charrington and their correspondents. Letters concern: casting of theatrical productions; investing in theatrical projects; Charrington's involvement in the Fabian Society; and other professional and domestic topics. Correspondents include Harley Granville-Barker, William Poel, and Kate Santley. Also included is a booking sheet for the Vaudeville Theatre, London, circa 1880.
The Peter Ackroyd papers primarily contain research files, manuscripts, drafts, and page proofs for many of Ackroyd's novels, biographies, and historical studies, as well as related correspondence and screenplays. Also present are his appointment books, some personal papers and photographs, and personal papers of his partner Brian Michael Kuhn (1952-1994).