Showing Collections: 161–180 of 5316
- Language: English X
- Manuscripts and Archives 2721
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1682
- Yale Divinity Library 351
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 134
- Gilmore Music Library 123
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 78
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 72
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 41
- Lewis Walpole Library 21
- Oral History of American Music 14 ∧ less
- Photographs 577
- Diaries 297
- Educators 286
- Photographic prints 285
- American literature -- 20th century 280
- Families 245
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 241
- Audiovisual materials 229
- Authors 224
- Born digital 213
- Universities and colleges -- Administration 210
- Clergy 184
- Connecticut 153
- Scrapbooks 152
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 140
- Drawings (visual works) 126
- Lawyers 124
- Account books 117
- American poetry -- 20th Century 116
- Business 115 ∧ less
- French 123
- German 88
- Spanish; Castilian 39
- Italian 38
- Russian 26
- Latin 12
- Japanese 10
- Polish 10
- Multiple languages 8
- Chinese 7
- Dutch; Flemish 6
- Portuguese 5
- Yiddish 5
- Arabic 4
- Swedish 4
- Korean 3
- Danish 2
- Finnish 2
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 2 ∧ less
- Yale University 1525
- Yale University. School of Medicine 93
- Yale University. Library 88
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Yale College (1718-1887) 64
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 45
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 43
- Yale Law School 43
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 42
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 39
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 39
- Yale University. President's Office 38
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 37
- Yale College (1887- ) 37
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 36
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 36
- Yale School of Drama 36
- Yale Center for British Art 35
- Yale University. Dept. of Athletics 35
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 34 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 3404
- Stored onsite and offsite 1216
- Stored onsite 696
The records consist of correspondence, transcripts, photographs, instructional materials, and administrative files documenting the Army Specialized Training Division at Yale, particularly the Army Specialized Training Program (ASTP) and the Civil Affairs Specialists Training School.
The Eve Arnold Papers contains her photographs, contact sheets, negatives, slides, transparencies, diaries, film production files, correspondence, writings by and about Arnold, printed materials, and ephemera that document her career as a member of the Magnum Photos cooperative. In addition, the collection contains audiovisual materials including motion picture film, videocassettes, sound recordings, and computer media.
The Matthew Arnold Collection is a mixed-provenance collection of material by and related to Matthew Arnold, including family, personal and professional correspondence; diaries by Mary Penrose Arnold; letters from Frances Lucy Arnold to Arthur Galton; and a small quanitity of personal papers and manuscript items. Correspondents include Arthur Hugh Clough, James Thomas Knowles and George Smith.
The materials consist of pencil drawings of people and objects by Richard W. Arnold while a student at Yale. Although Arnold has created gay-themed art, the drawings in the collections do not contain any explicitly gay-themed drawings.
Groups of photographs that document contemporary photographers, as well as individuals related to the study of photography, 1982-2007; street photography in the San Francisco Bay Area, circa 1981-2009; sites throughout the American West, 1982-2008; and portraits and views, 1982-2017.
The records consist of accession books, acquisition books, account books, and inventories documenting the operations of the Yale Art & Architecture Library.
The materials consist of photographs, drawings and one 16mm film documenting the two stages of construction of the Yale University Art Gallery (Gallery of Fine Arts).
The collection is comprised of the business records of Spoken Arts, Inc., whose catalog includes covers a wide range of literary works read by 20th century authors, poets, and other notables.
Collection consists of two diaries by Arthur Botswick Van Buskirk documenting his military experience during World War I. Newspaper clippings, correspondence, tickets, and other ephemera were originally inserted between diary pages. Several pages in volume II detail the Armistice of November 11, 1918 in Paris, France.
Materials that have been removed from the diaries have been sleeved and labeled to indicate their original location, when known.
The collection contains pamphlets, brochures, and other ephemera on individual artists published by museums, galleries, and other institutions throughout the world.
The materials consist of administrative records, materials relating to the Bibliographical Press, and materials used for exhibits produced by the Arts of the Book Collection at Yale University Library.
Manuscripts, in multiple hands, of ten business letters and legal documents concerning members of the Arundel family. The collection incldues two bonds of payment; several money orders; and two letters from R. Arundel to Sir Robert Clayton, drawing Clayton's attention to a "young lady of a considerable fortune," asking for Clayton's assistance in marriage-making for Arundel's son, and explaining what he would be willing to settle upon the couple.
Collection consists of correspondence addressed to Asch, many letters carrying dictated drafts of his response on them. There are four typescripts of essays by Sholem Asch as well as five scripts for a Christmas pageant performed in Stamford, Conn., in 1943. Also present is De Forest's typescript memoir entitled, "My Hours with Sholem Asch."
Collages created by John Ashbery, 1948-2011. Collages in the collection include Seaport, September 1948; Fjord, approximately 1972; Notre Dame des Neiges, 1977; Fountain, 2010; and The Leisure Class, 2011.