Showing Collections: 1–20 of 91
- Photographic prints 22
- Audiovisual materials 14
- Drawings (visual works) 13
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 12
- Authors 11
- Photographs 10
- American literature -- 20th century 9
- Authors, German 8
- Posters 8
- Scrapbooks 7
- Sound recordings 7
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 6
- Born digital 6
- Diaries 6
- Artists 5
- German literature -- 18th century 5
- German literature -- 19th century 5
- Photograph albums 5
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century 5
- Videocassettes 5 ∧ less
- English 72
- French 42
- Italian 18
- Spanish; Castilian 14
- Russian 9
- Multiple languages 7
- Polish 4
- Swedish 3
- Yiddish 3
- Japanese 2
- Latin 2
- Arabic 1
- Chinese 1
- Danish 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hungarian 1
- Portuguese 1 ∧ less
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832 8
- Mann, Thomas, 1875-1955 8
- Speck, William A. (William Alfred), 1864-1928 7
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 6
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943 5
- Schiller, Friedrich, 1759-1805 5
- Wolff, Kurt, 1887-1963 5
- Faber du Faur, Curt von, 1890-1966 4
- Hapgood, Hutchins, 1869-1944 4
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 4
- Miller, Henry, 1891-1980 4
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 4
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 4
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 3
- Broch, Hermann, 1886-1951 3
- Calder, Alexander, 1898-1976 3
- Dubuffet, Jean, 1901-1985 3
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832 (Faust) 3
- Gulʹ, Roman, 1896-1986 3
- Gundolf, Friedrich, 1880-1931 3 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored onsite and offsite 50
- Stored offsite 27
- Stored onsite 14
The collection consists of material documenting aspects of the life and work of the Jungian analysts Gerhard Adler and Hella Adler. Material includes drawings, sketchbooks, diagnostic and other notes, handwriting samples, correspondence, and other material. Included are numerous oil, gouache, watercolor, chalk, and pencil "dream drawings," and drawings and sketches in books, on loose sheets, oil boards, and card scrolls.
The Daisy Aldan Papers document the work of poet, editor, educator, translator, and filmmaker Daisy Aldan. The papers consist of personal and professional correspondence, drafts of writings, writings of others, notebooks, diaries, teaching material, artwork, audiovisual material, photographs, printed material, and personal papers spanning the years 1919 to 2000.
Photographs created by Christian Barthelmess of people and places in New Mexico, Colorado, and Montana, 1881-1903.
The Edwin J. Beinecke Collection of Robert Louis Stevenson contains correspondence, manuscripts, personal papers, and research files by, about, and relating to Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson.
Notes and correspondence kept by Charles William Bradley, circa 1841-1860. Notes chiefly pertain to Bradley's study of the forenames and surnames in various nations. The remaining notes and correspondence pertain to his time in China (primarily Singapore) while an American consul--these notes relate to Chinese history, language, and climate.
The Hermann Broch Archive contains correspondence; manuscripts of books, plays, poems, articles and essays, book reviews, and short stories; writings of others; personal papers; photographs; and videocassettes.
The Ernst Cassirer Papers - Addition consists of manuscripts, research notes, correspondence from such persons as Hermann Cohen, Dimitry Gawronsky, Ernst Hoffmann and Raymond Klibansky and personal papers documenting the life of Ernst Cassirer. Also included are letters from Cassirer to his wife, Toni, and materials gathered by Toni Cassirer following Ernst Cassirer's death in 1945.
The Chlingensperg Family Diaries, which span from 1769 to 1830, contain diaries kept by four members of a prominent Bavarian family: Joseph Maria Bernhard von Chlingensperg, Joseph von Chlingensperg auf Berg, Karoline von Chlingensperg, and Joseph von Chlingensperg. The subject matter of the entries ranges from financial and professional records to details of the sexual affairs of Joseph von Chlingensperg auf Berg.
Papers relating to the history and archaeology of ancient Greece and Rome, including autograph manuscript notes and lectures, clippings of writings by Curtius, and clippings of reviews of his writings, circa 1830s-1890s; albumen photographs, drawings, and printed and manuscript maps documenting archaeological excavations in Olympia and other sites in Greece, circa 1850s-1890s; and a few autograph letters, signed, to Curtius from unidentified correspondents, 1860s-1880s.