Showing Collections: 1–10 of 10
- Language: Japanese X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 5
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 3
- Manuscripts and Archives 2
- Photographic prints 4
- Photographs 3
- Audiovisual materials 2
- California -- Pictorial works 2
- California -- Social life and customs -- 20th century 2
- Gelatin silver prints 2
- Hawaii -- Pictorial works 2
- Japan -- Pictorial works 2
- Japanese American women -- California -- Pictorial works 2
- Japanese American women -- Portraits 2
- Japanese Americans -- California -- Pictorial works 2
- Japanese Americans -- Portraits 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Printouts 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Women -- West (U.S.) -- Pictorial works 2
- American literature -- 20th century 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors 1
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 1 ∧ less
- Agence Hoffman 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Andrews, Irene Dwen, 1892- 1
- Boy Scouts of America 1
- Brave Bird, Mary, 1954-2013 1
- Conklin, Harold C., 1926-2016 1
- Conklin, Jean M. 1
- Crow Dog family 1
- Crow Dog, Henry 1
- Crow Dog, Leonard, 1942- 1
- Denton, Mary Florence, 1857?-1947 1
- Durrell, Lawrence 1
- Erdoes, Richard, 1912-2008 1
- Grove Press 1
- Ichiyasu, Makiko, 1912-1970 1
- Japanese Young Women's Christian Association 1
- Jong, Erica, 1940- 1
- Kirkup, James, 1918-2009 1
- Lame Deer, Archie Fire, 1935- 1
- Lame Deer, approximately 1903-1976 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 6
- Stored onsite and offsite 4
Call Number: BKP 7
Overview: The collection consists of bookplates by Japanese artists, for Japanese patrons, or both. Individual and institutional patrons are represented.
Call Number: DRA 11
Overview: The collection contains numerous designs of unknown origin depicting scenes from the traditional Japanese stage. The scenes displayed are derived from Noh (or Nō) dramas, a performance tradition which draws on Buddhist scripture and Japanese mythology and combines music, dance, and poetry in a highly formalized staging.
Call Number: WA MSS S-2609
Overview: Correspondence, writings, audio and moving image recordings, photographic materials, subject files, printed ephemera, art work, and other materials created or collected by Richard Erdoes (1912-2008), author of more than a dozen books about American Indian life. The collection primarily documents Erdoes's activities between 1968 and 1999, and is useful for the study of his writing process and research interests, specifically his work with American Indian individuals and communities. His papers...
Dates: 1920-2008, bulk 1965-1998
Call Number: WA Photos 1271
Overview: Photograph albums compiled by Makiko Ichiyasu of life in southern California, 1922-1945. Depicted are Ichiyasu, relatives, and acquaintances, as well as Young Women’s Christian Association events. Identified locations include San Francisco, Los Angeles, Watsonville, Sonora, and Russian River. One album documents Ichiyasu’s travels to Hawaii with YWCA acquaintances (Box 3); another documents her travels with friends to Arizona and Utah (Box 5). Multiple photographs appear to have been taken in...
Call Number: AOB 82
Overview: The collection contains 20 examples of Japanese prints.
Dates: early 20th century
Call Number: GEN MSS 773
Overview: The James Kirkup Papers includes correspondence, writings, photographs, audiovisual material, personal documents and memorabilia that document the life and work of British author James Kirkup.The papers span his writing career, from early school papers to printouts of digital books published in the 2000s, and include documentation of the diverse genres of Kirkup's research and writing. The papers document not only Kirkup's life and work, but also pacifism as a theme in literature,...
Dates: 1890-2007, bulk 1940-2007
Call Number: WA Photos 1276
Overview: 5 photograph albums compiled by Harry Hideo Matsukane and 1 photograph album compiled by Bernice Kazuko Nagai Matsukane of their lives in California, circa 1928-1939. Depicted are relatives, classmates, and other acquaintances (many of whom are identified). Photographs compiled by Harry Matsukane were primarily taken in Santa Ana, California, and are chiefly of athletic events, parades, and family automobiles. An album from 1936-1937 documents his travels in Japan to Nakatsugawa, Yawatahama,...
Dates: circa 1928-1939
Call Number: YCAL MSS 472
Overview: The Henry Miller papers contain writings, journals, administrative files, correspondence, photographs, and personal papers chiefly documenting Miller's life and career from the 1950s through 1970s.
Dates: 1898-1979, bulk 1930-1979
Call Number: MS 2115
Content Description: The collection comprises the papers of Noriaki Tsuchimoto, a Japanese documentary film director, who directed films on various topics, including environmental issues, nuclear power, corporate history, and Afghanistan. The collection includes manuscripts and documents about his films, including annotated scripts, production notes, shot, and budget sheets; research materials of various topics, including documents on the science of mercury poisoning; location and on-the-set photos; publicity...
Found in: Manuscripts and Archives