Showing Collections: 1–2 of 2
- Jews -- Soviet Union 1
- Revolutionaries 1
- Soviet Union -- History 1
- Soviet Union -- History -- Revolution, 1917-1921 1
- Catherine, Empress of Russia, II, 1729-1796 1
- Griboyedov, Aleksandr Sergeyevich, 1795-1829 1
- Miranda, Francisco de, 1750-1816 1
- Polovtsoff, Alexandre, 1867- 1
- Rasputin, Grigoriĭ Efimovich, 1869-1916 1
Notes, manuscripts, and transcript copies of Alexandre Polovtsoff's (1867-1934) writings after his emigration from Russia in 1918. Included are autobiographical materials, articles on Russian art, the imperial palaces, and Russian historical figures; also, translations of the Journal de Voyage en Russie by Francisco de Miranda, and The Curse of Wit by A. S. Griboedov.
The papers consist of writings and research materials dealing with Russian history, particularly the Romanov dynasty, Rasputin, and the origins of the Russian Revolution. Also included are materials on Peter the Great and the Jews in the Russian revolutionary movement.