Showing Collections: 1–7 of 7
- Authors 4
- Audiovisual materials 3
- Authors, Polish -- 20th Century -- Archives 3
- Clippings (information artifacts) 3
- Emigration and immigration 3
- Photographs 3
- Poland -- History -- 1945-1980 3
- Poland -- Intellectual life -- 1918-1945 3
- Polish literature -- 20th Century 3
- American literature -- 20th century 2
- Audiotapes 2
- France -- Emigration and immigration 2
- Notebooks 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Poets 2
- Poets, Polish -- 20th Century 2
- Poland -- Emigration and immigration 2
- Poland -- Intellectual life -- 1945-1989 2
- Polish poetry -- 20th Century 2
- Sound recordings 2 ∧ less
- Jeleński, Konstanty A. (Konstanty Aleksander), 1922-1987 4
- Miłosz, Czesław, 1911-2004 4
- Giedroyc, Jerzy, 1906-2000 3
- Czapski, Józef, 1896-1993 2
- Gombrowicz, Witold, 1904-1969 2
- Hertz, Zygmunt, 1908-1979 2
- Wat, Aleksander, 1900-1967 2
- Watowa, Ola, 1903-1991 2
- Abbe, James Edward, 1883-1973 1
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Alekseeva, Li︠u︡dmila, 1927- 1
- Armory Show (1913 New York, N.Y.) 1
- Berezov, Rodion, 1896-1988 1
- Boyce, Neith, 1872-1951 1
- Breza, Tadeusz, 1905-1970 1
- Brodsky, Joseph, 1940-1996 1
- Buldeev, Aleksandr Ivanovich 1
- Burli͡uk, David, 1882-1967 1
- Błoński, Jan, 1931- 1
- Chądzyńska, Zofia 1 ∧ less
Call Number: GEN MSS 515
Overview: The archive consists of correspondence, writings, personal papers, photographs, audiovisual material and memorabilia documenting Gombrowicz's life and literary activity chiefly during the last two decades of his life (1949-69).Series I, Correspondence, contains personal and professional correspondence. There is correspondence with family, Polish and European literary and cultural figures, other Polish emigres, and Latin American friends and writers. There is considerable correspondence...
Call Number: GEN MSS 676
Overview: The papers include correspondence, writings and other material that documents Konstanty Jeleński's editorial work, literary criticism and involvement with several cultural organizations, including the Congress for Cultural Freedom, the Royaumont Foundation, and the Institut national de l'audiovisuel. A significant portion of the papers documents Jeleński's translation and criticism of the writings of Witold Gombrowicz. The Papers are not a complete literary archive of Jeleński's life and work...
Call Number: YCAL MSS 196
Overview: The Luhan papers consist of correspondence, writings, photographs, scrapbooks and personal papers documenting the life and work of Mabel Dodge Luhan.Series I, Correspondence, consists chiefly of incoming letters from family, friends, fans and publishers. Luhan's activities and relationships in New York and New Mexico, with artists, writers, labor leaders and Native American Indians, are well documented. Correspondents include John Evans, John Collier, Gertrude and Leo Stein, Hutchins...
Dates: 1859-1961, bulk 1913-1951
Call Number: GEN MSS 661
Overview: The Czesław Miłosz Papers document the life and work of the poet, essayist and Nobel Laureate Czesław Miłosz. The papers consist of writings, correspondence, photographs, personal papers, audio material, and printed material (including newspaper clippings, printed ephemera and clandestine samizdat publications), spanning the years 1880-2000, with the bulk of the material dating from 1940 to 1989. While some writings, photographs and personal documents pre-date the Second World War, the earliest...
Dates: 1880-2000, bulk 1940-1989
Call Number: GEN MSS 294
Overview: A collection of bound volumes and other papers. There are 47 bound volumes, typewritten and with tipped-in clippings, about general poetics and acrostics, and containing copies of Panin's writings (poetry, prose, memoirs, diaries), and correspondence. The volumes include a 26 volume work on the history of the acrostic. The papers also include correspondence, photographs, loose clippings, and printed matter on related subjects.
Call Number: GEN MSS 714
Overview: The Tomas Venclova Papers document the life and work of Lithuanian poet, scholar and professor Tomas Venclova. Correspondence documents Venclova's relationships with Lithuanian and Soviet literary figures and political dissidents, including letters from Joseph Brodsky and Czes?aw Mi?osz. Venclova's personal life and family relationships are also documented in the correspondence. Venclova's work as a poet, scholar, and translator is documented in drafts of writings that include holograph drafts...
Dates: 1909-2018, bulk 1959-2010
Call Number: GEN MSS 705
Overview: The papers document the life and writings of Aleksander Wat, from his early poetry in the 1910s to the posthumous publication of his work by his wife Paulina and by Czes?aw Mi?osz. Early material (prior to the end of the Second World War) is sparse and consists chiefly of correspondence, personal documents and photographs. Among the early material is documentation of the Wat's exile in Kazakhstan. Later material includes numerous notebooks that contain drafts of poetry and prose writings, and...