Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 4
- Manuscripts and Archives 1
- Authors -- Scotland -- 20th Century 2
- Authors, English -- 19th century -- Archives 2
- Authors, Scottish -- 19th century -- Archives 2
- Photographs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Actors -- Biography 1
- Animation cels -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Artists -- Great Britain 1
- Authors 1
- Authors -- England -- 20th Century 1
- Authors -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1
- Authors -- Great Britain -- 20th Century 1
- Authors -- Scotland -- 19th century 1
- Authors, English -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Authors, English -- 20th century 1
- Authors, Scottish -- 20th Century 1
- Authors, Scottish -- 20th Century -- Archives 1
- Autograph albums -- Great Britain -- 20th Century 1
- Autographs 1
- Cabinet photographs -- Great Britain -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
Call Number: GEN MSS 1400
Overview: The J. M. Barrie Collection contains correspondence, writings, and other papers relating to the life and work of the British author and playwright J. M. Barrie. The material was accrued by the Beinecke Library through gifts and purchases in the decades preceding 2011, and assembled into one collection in 2015. Along with correspondence from, to, and about Barrie, and examples of his writings for the theater, serials, and various publishers and audiences, the collection contains images of Barrie...
Dates: 1686-1977, bulk 1890-1937
Call Number: GEN MSS 664
Overview: The Edwin J. Beinecke Collection of Robert Louis Stevenson contains correspondence, manuscripts, personal papers, and research files by, about, and relating to Scottish author Robert Louis Stevenson.
Dates: 1828-1970, bulk 1870-1940
Call Number: GEN MSS 307
Overview: Autograph letters, signed, from Thomas Hardy to J. M. Barrie, Arthur Locker, Charles S. Prideaux, and others, with letters from his wives, Emma Lavinia Gifford Hardy and Florence Emily Hardy; and writings by Hardy, including an autograph manuscript draft of his novel Far from the Madding Crowd and typescript proofs of a short story,
Spectre of the Real. Also includes a photograph of Hardy.
Call Number: GEN MSS 551
Overview: Writings by J. M. Barrie, postcards, scrapbooks, photographs, and a toy theater version of Peter Pan related to the family of Sir Arthur Thomas Quiller-Couch. J. M. Barrie writings consist of a photograph album and manuscript storybook by Barrie, "The Pippa and Porthos," telling the story of Bevil Quiller-Couch and Barrie's dog Porthos on a walk in Fowey, Cornwall. Postcards consist of postcard albums and loose postcards, probably collected by Foy Felicia Quiller-Couch. Postcard correspondents...
Call Number: MS 667
Overview: Correspondence, autographs, playbills, notebooks, and writings relating to the American theater and the history of theater in New Haven, Connecticut, as collected by Jack Crawford, Mary Hamlin and others.
Found in: Manuscripts and Archives