Showing Collections: 1–9 of 9
- American literature -- 20th century 7
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 7
- American poetry -- 20th Century 5
- Poets, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 5
- Born digital 4
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Poets -- United States -- 20th Century 3
- Audiovisual materials 2
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Authors 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century 2
- Electronic documents 2
- Photographs -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Poets, American -- 20th century 2
- Albums (Books) 1
- American literature -- Women authors 1
- American poetry -- 21st century 1
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 1
- Art and literature 1 ∧ less
- Italian 2
- French 1
- German 1
- Multiple languages 1
- McClatchy, J. D., 1945-2018 3
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 2
- Bishop, Elizabeth, 1911-1979 2
- Wilbur, Richard, 1921-2017 2
- Adams, Léonie, 1899-1988 1
- Albert, Eugen d', 1864-1932 1
- Aswell, Edward C. (Edward Campbell), 1900-1958 1
- Audran, Edmond, 1842-1901 1
- Augenstein, Johann Huldreich 1
- Auric, Georges, 1899-1983 1
- Backhaus, Wilhelm, 1884-1969 1
- Balfe, M. W. (Michael William), 1808-1870 1
- Balfe, M. W. (Michael William), 1808-1870 (Satanella) 1
- Banks, R. R. (Richard R.) 1
- Bantock, Granville, Sir, 1868-1946 1
- Bantock, Granville, Sir, 1868-1946 (Songs. Selections) 1
- Baudelaire, Charles, 1821-1867 1
- Baumer, Lewis Christopher Edward, 1870-1963 1
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 1 ∧ less
Robert Fitzgerald papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 222
Abstract: Series I, Correspondence, consists chiefly of incoming personal and professional correspondence and family correspondence. The collection is particularly rich for its correspondence with poets, editors, translators, publishers, and literary scholars and critics during the middle part of the 20th century. There are letters from many well-known poets writing in English during this period, including W.H. Auden, John Berryman, Elizabeth Bishop, Louise Bogan, James Dickey, T.S. Eliot, Seamus...
Barbara Howes papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 59
Abstract: The Barbara Howes papers contain writings, correspondence, personal and financial papers, and photographs documenting the life and literary career of American poet and editor Barbara Howes. The collection includes extensive files on all of Howes's book-length publications and many manuscripts and typescripts of individual poems, short stories and articles; her correspondence with her family, particularly with her mother and her husband, the poet William Jay Smith; and letters from a wide...
Frederick R. Koch collection
Call Number: GEN MSS 601
Abstract: The Frederick R. Koch Collection consists of musical, literary, and historical materials collected by Frederick R. Koch, principally through purchases at public auctions, 1979-1986. Including individual items, concentrations of related materials, and several extensive archives, the collection is a broad and deep resource for study of the lives and works of a range of composers, authors, and other historical figures.Most materials are music manuscripts, literary manuscripts, drawings,...
Robin Magowan papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 612
Scope and Contents: The collecton consists of correspondence, writings, notebooks, printed material, audiovisual materials, electronic media, and other papers documenting the life and work of poet and writer Robin Magowan. Writings include manuscripts and typescripts of poems and prose, including drafts and corrected copies of Lilac Cigarette in a Wish Cathedral (University of South Carolina Press, 1998), Memoirs of a Minotaur (Story Line Press, 1999), and other works. Includes correspondence and other papers...
J. D. McClatchy papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 705
Abstract: The collection consists of correspondence, writings, photographs, personal papers, printed material, audiovisual material, memorabilia, and artwork that document the life and work of author J. D. McClatchy from his youth to the 2010s. Correspondence is both personal and professional and includes letters from Anthony Hecht, James Merrill, Robert Penn Warren, and Richard Wilbur, among many other prominent figures of 20th and 21st century American literature, as well as correspondence relating...
James Merrill papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 580
Abstract: The collection consists of writings, correspondence, photographs, audiovisual material, artwork, printed material, computer disks and other papers by or relating to James Merrill and documenting aspects of his work as a poet and writer. Some of the material was created and accumulated by J. D. McClatchy, who served as executor of Merrill's estate and who co-edited several volumes of Merrill's works, including Collected Poems (2001), Collected Novels and Plays (2002), Collected Prose (2004),...
Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas collection
Call Number: YCAL MSS 77
Abstract: The Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas Collection contains manuscripts, letters, photographs, clippings, artworks, and research materials relating to the life and work of Gertrude Stein and her companion, Alice B. Toklas gathered during the years following Stein's death to supplement the Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas Papers (YCAL MSS 76). Items from such friends and admirers as Elizabeth Fuller Chapman, Doda Conrad, Clement Hurd, Samuel Steward, and Donald Sutherland complement the...
Edmund White papers
Call Number: YCAL MSS 808
Includes personal and professional correspondence, manuscripts, research files, biographical material, financial papers, photographs, slides, audio visual material, ephemera.
Dates: circa 1905-2016
Stephen Yenser papers relating to James Merrill
Call Number: YCAL MSS 581
This collection consists of material created and accumlated by Stephen Yenser in the course of researching and editing the literary work of James Merrill. Material primarily includes correspondence between Yenser and Merrill spanning 1967 to 1995 and various drafts of Merrill's writings.