Showing Collections: 1–15 of 15
- Photographic prints 7
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 6
- American literature -- 20th century 5
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 5
- Modernism (Art) 4
- Artists 3
- Authors 3
- Paintings (visual works) 3
- Photographs 3
- American drama -- 20th Century 2
- Americans -- France -- History -- 20th Century 2
- Art criticism 2
- Artists -- United States 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- LGBTQ resource 2
- Modernism (Literature) 2
- Motion pictures (visual works) 2
- Painters 2
- Paris (France) -- Intellectual life 2
- Scrapbooks 2 ∧ less
- French 3
- German 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Italian 2
- Multiple languages 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 8
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 5
- Sterne, Maurice, 1878-1957 4
- Toklas, Alice B., 1877-1967 4
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943 3
- Stein, Leo, 1872-1947 3
- Thomson, Virgil, 1896-1989 3
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 2
- Berenson, Bernard, 1865-1959 2
- Eakins, Thomas, 1844-1916 2
- Eliot, T. S. (Thomas Stearns), 1888-1965 2
- Ewing, Max 2
- Hapgood, Hutchins, 1869-1944 2
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 2
- Lutz, Mark, 1901-1969 2
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 2
- O'Neill, Carlotta 2
- O'Neill, Eugene, 1888-1953 2
- Pascin, Jules, 1885-1930 2 ∧ less
John Breon papers
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, writings, subject files, and personal papers of John Breon concerning his World War II experiences, correspondents include Pat Carroll, Charles Cerbone, Gertrude Stein, Alice B. Toklas, and Carl Van Vechten.
Nancy Cole Papers
The collection consists of correspondence, including letters from Kay Boyle, Donald Gallup, Robert Haas, Marcel Marceau and the artist Henry Miller; photographs; clippings; printed material; sound recordings; and manuscripts relating to the production of Nancy Cole's one-woman show, Gertrude Stein's Gertrude Stein, and other projects, including One of Each.
Dudley Fitts papers
The Dudley Fitts Papers consists chiefly of writings and correspondence relating to the production of the first American edition of An Anthology of Contemporary Latin-American Poetry (New Directions, 1942).
Donald Clifford Gallup papers
Marsden Hartley collection
Mabel Dodge Luhan papers
Henry McBride papers
The papers contain correspondence, writings, and printed ephemera about art documenting McBride's career as an art critic. Major correspondents include Mildred Aldrich, Malcolm MacAdam, Maximilian Mitzlaff, Gertrude Stein, Alfred Stieglitz, and Carl Van Vechten.
Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas collection
Leo Stein Collection
The Leo Stein Collection contains manuscripts of writings by Stein, letters from such persons as: Bernard Berenson, Mabel Dodge Luhan and Maurice Sterne, personal papers, photographs, and artworks (mainly by Stein), which document the life of Leo Stein, an artist and writer.
Many letters to Leo Stein for the period before 1913 can be found in the Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas Papers, YCAL MSS 76, also owned by the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library.
Maurice Sterne papers
The collection consists of correspondence, manuscripts, sketches, photographs, and papers relating to the life and career of painter-sculptor Maurice Sterne.
Samuel Steward papers
Allen Tanner papers
Carl Van Vechten Papers
The Carl Van Vechten Papers includes correspondence, writings, photographs, scrapbooks and albums, and artwork documenting Carl Van Vechten's activities as a writer, photographer, and patron of the arts.