Showing Collections: 101–116 of 116
- Manuscripts and Archives 92
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 19
- Yale Divinity Library 5
- World War, 1939-1945 41
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 17
- Educators 16
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States 13
- Photographs 11
- Diaries 9
- Europe 9
- Authors 8
- Soldiers 6
- United States -- Politics and government 6
- American literature -- 20th century 5
- Asia 5
- Families 5
- World War, 1914-1918 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Education and the war 5
- Authors -- United States -- 20th century 4
- Japanese Americans -- Forced removal and internment, 1942-1945 4
- Lawyers 4
- New Haven (Conn.) 4
- Photoprints 4 ∧ less
- English 105
- Multiple languages 7
- French 3
- Italian 2
- Czech 1
- Yale University 44
- Seymour, Charles, 1885-1963 6
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 5
- Sizer, Theodore, 1892-1967 5
- Stimson, Henry L. (Henry Lewis), 1867-1950 5
- Yale-China Association 5
- Coffin, Henry Sloane, 1877-1954 4
- MacLeish, Archibald, 1892-1982 4
- Pound, Ezra, 1885-1972 4
- Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 4
- Acheson, Dean, 1893-1971 3
- American Civil Liberties Union 3
- Angell, James Rowland, 1869-1949 3
- Bingham, Hiram, 1875-1956 3
- Brandeis, Louis Dembitz, 1856-1941 3
- Buck, Pearl S. (Pearl Sydenstricker), 1892-1973 3
- Danaher, John Anthony, 1899- 3
- Day, George Parmly, 1876-1959 3
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969 3
- Frankfurter, Felix, 1882-1965 3 ∧ less
The papers consist of correspondence, memorabilia, and photographs which document Harvey Seymour Sussman's year as a member of the Army Specialized Training Program (ASTP) at Yale University and his service as a member of the Office of Strategic Services. The papers also include material for the ASTP reunion at Yale in 1990 and a 1995 diary of a return visit to Burma.
Correspondence, reports, writings, lectures, and clippings relating to Robert Triffin's career as an economist and professor of economics at Yale University, including material on European monetary systems and banking, and financial missions around the world.
Scrapbooks, record books, and memorabilia chiefly relating to the educational and library activities at the Poston Relocation Center, an American concentration camp. Nine scrapbooks made and bound by the students cover topics of academic study as well as their memoirs documenting their accounts of being incarcerated. A printed yearbook is also included.
The papers consist of printed materials and photographs which document the daily activities of American prisoners of war at Stalag III B and the role of Von Fricken as their social welfare officer. F. W. Von Fricken, an officer of the German Supreme Command, served as social welfare officer in charge of American prisoners of war at Stalag III B, Fürstenberg an der Oder, during World War II.
Diaries, correspondence, writings, clippings and approximately fifty photographs of family and friends of Andrew Watt Warden. Warden's correspondence with family and friends centers on his interest in social issues and on their responses to both world wars, particularly World War II.
The materials consist of photographs of Paul Wilkinson documenting the Yale campus during World War II. Included are photographs of facilities used by the armed services billeted on campus.
Richard Willstatter, Class of 1943, Sheffield Scientific School, papers concerning his experiences in World War II
The materials consist of letters, photographs, and a handbook documenting Richard Willstater's (1943S) service during World War II.
An artificial collection of publications, including propaganda, leaflets, posters, underground material, newspapers, correspondence, and memorabilia written in approximately fifteen languages from fifty nations which relate to World War II.