Showing Collections: 1–4 of 4
- Correspondence 2
- Engravings (prints) 2
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers 2
- Popish Plot, 1678 2
- Commonplace books 1
- Drawing, English 1
- English wit and humor, Pictorial 1
- Engravings, British 1
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- 1660-1688 1
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- France 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Charles II, 1660-1685 1
- Great Britain -- History -- Civil War, 1642-1649 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1625-1649 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1649-1660 1
- Great Britain -- Religious life and customs -- 17th century 1
- Legal documents 1
- Romanticism in art -- Great Britain 1
- Rye House Plot, 1683 1
- Treaties of Nijmegen (1678-1679) 1 ∧ less
- Charles, King of England, II, 1630-1685 2
- Great Britain. Parliament. House of Lords 2
- James, King of England, II, 1633-1701 2
- Bagot, William , 1773-1856 1
- Birch, John, 1615-1691 1
- Boyle, Roger, Earl of Orrery, 1621-1679 1
- Buckingham, George Villiers, Duke of, 1628-1687 1
- Catherine, of Braganza, Queen, consort of Charles II, King of England, 1638-1705 1
- Catholic Church 1
- Chaughton, William, b. 1770 1
- Coleman, Edward, -1678 1
- Coventry, Henry, 1619-1686 1
- D'Avenant, William, 1606-1668 1
- Dartmouth, George Legge, Baron, 1648-1691 1
- Dolben, John, 1625-1686 1
- England and Wales. Sovereign (1660-1685 : Charles II) 1
- Essex, Arthur Capel, Earl of, 1631-1683 1
- Fairfax, Henry 1
- Fitzharris, Edward, 1648?-1681 1
- Godfrey, Edmund Berry, Sir, 1621-1678 1 ∧ less
[Papers: collection of documents from his papers relating to the Popish Plot]
Call Number: OSBORN FB153
Abstract: Collection of seven manuscripts, in multiple hands, concerning the Popish Plot, primarily of testimonies and accusations. The collection contains a letter by an unnamed woman to Coventry promising to deliver to him the names of many priests and Jesuits for a promised reward, as well as Coventry's reply assuring her she will be paid. Other items include a report on the death of Sir Edmund Berry Godfrey; King Charles II's speech to the House of Lords in 1678; a signed statement by Sir John...
Call Number: OSB MSS 6
Abstract: The papers document aspects of Danby's political career, particularly his investigation of the Popish Plot and his impeachment in 1678. They include correspondence with Robert Spencer, Earl of Sunderland on the negotiation for the Treaty of Nijmegen; letters from several members of the House of Lords on affairs of state; extracts from the correspondence of Edward Coleman and from informants' testimonies; letters and documents relating to Danby's impeachment and imprisonment, including copies...
Dates: 1661-1748, bulk 1661-1684
Call Number: OSBORN FB137
Manuscript in an unidentified hand.
Manuscript in an unidentified hand.
The volume was used as a scrapbook in the 19th century, and most of the volume (170 f. in all) contains engravings, etc., cut from contemporary magazines and newspapers, and a few original drawings. Among the engravings is one after Bartolozzi, identified on the page opposite as the first attempt at engraving by William Chaughton (b. 1770), aged 17, late a ploughboy, and in 1787 a protege of Sir Joseph Banks, Bart. (1743-1820).
Dates: 1684 Apr 15 to Aug 19
Copies of letters to and from Col. William Legge, transcribed from the originals in the possession of William Fourth Earl of Dartmouth, during the years 1816 and 1817, by William, 2nd Lord Bagot.
Call Number: OSBORN FB190
Autograph MS. Contains copies of 373 letters, illustrated with prints and drawings.