Showing Collections: 1–9 of 9
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 5
- Bontemps, Arna, 1902-1973 2
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 2
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 1
- Bennett, Gwendolyn, 1902-1981 1
- Cullen, Countee, 1903-1946 1
- Hurston, Zora Neale, 1891-1960 1
- Jackman, Harold, 1901-1961 1
- Langston Hughes and His World 1
- Langston Hughes at 100 (Exhibition : New Haven, CT) 1
- Larsen, Nella, 1891-1964 1
- Peterson, Dorothy Randolph 1
- Peterson, Jerome Bowers 1
- Rapp, William Jourdan, 1895-1942 1
- Rhodehamel, Josephine DeWitt 1
- Spingarn, Amy Einstein, 1883-1980 1
- Spingarn, Arthur B. (Arthur Barnett), 1878-1971 1
- Spingarn, Joel Elias, 1875-1939 1
- Thurman, Wallace, 1902-1934 1
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 1 ∧ less
Call Number: JWJ MSS 106
Scope and Contents: The collection provides evidence of the personal and professional life of Gwendolyn Bennett. The papers are comprised of correspondence, writings, and personal papers, which shed light into Bennett’s career as a writer and educator, as well as her private life, particularly her relationship with her parents.Correspondents include Langston Hughes, who accompanied his letters with four poems inscribed to Bennett: “Hotel Boy” (1926), “Stalingrad” (1942), “Goodmorning, Stalingrad” (1943),...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 28
Overview: The Langston Hughes Collection consists of correspondence, writings, photographs, sound recordings, video recordings, electronic files, and other material documenting the life, work, and remembrance of Langston Hughes.Series I, Josephine DeWitt Rhodehamel Gift, is organized into three subseries: Letters from Langston Hughes, Writings of Langston Hughes and Writings of Others. There are letters to Rhodehamel and holograph and typescript versions of poems for Dear Lovely Death.Series...
Call Number: JWJ MSS 9
Overview: The Zora Neale Hurston Collection contains Correspondence, Writings, including drafts of her autobiography, Dust Tracks on the Road, the novel, Their Eyes Were Watching God, and a play written in collaboration with Langston Hughes, "Mule Bone," as well as a study of Hurston written in 1972 by Robert Hemenway.
Call Number: JWJ MSS 10
Overview: The Dorothy Peterson Collection contains Correspondence to Peterson from such persons as Langston Hughes, Nella Larsen, and Carl Van Vechten, as well as Jerome Bowers Peterson memorabilia.
Call Number: JWJ MSS 11
Overview: The Joel Spingarn Collection contains Correspondence with various persons, including W. E. B. Du Bois, and a German translation of a James Weldon Johnson poem done by Spingarn's wife, Amy.
Call Number: JWJ MSS 12
Overview: The Wallace Thurman Collection contains Correspondence, (including letters from Langston Hughes), Writings, primarily versions of Aunt Hagar's Children and the musical play Harlem, written with William Jourdan Rapp, and Personal Papers.