Showing Collections: 101–120 of 695
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 375
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 73
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Manuscripts and Archives 25
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 21
- Lewis Walpole Library 21
- Oral History of American Music 12
- Gilmore Music Library 10
- Yale Divinity Library 7
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- Photographs 104
- Correspondence 82
- Photographic prints 79
- Connecticut 45
- Drawings (visual works) 39
- USA 37
- Maps 34
- Field notebooks 30
- Inkjet prints 27
- Diaries 26
- Watercolors (paintings) 25
- Authors 21
- Photograph albums 21
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 19
- Scrapbooks 19
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 17
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 17
- Engravings (prints) 16
- Letters 16
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 15 ∧ less
- French 23
- German 14
- Latin 6
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Italian 2
- Yale University 93
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 18
- Yale University. School of Medicine 18
- Great Britain. Parliament 16
- Yale Center for British Art 13
- Mellon, Paul 12
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649 11
- Fulton, John F. (John Farquhar), 1899-1960 9
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 8
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 8
- Great Britain. Army 7
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 7
- Willis, John, 1957- 7
- Yale University. Library 7
- Helfand, William H. 6
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 6
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 6
- Stanton, Madeline E. (Madeline Earle) 6
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 6 ∧ less
The collection comprises letters from Edward Burne-Jones to John Ruskin, written from 1862 to ca. 1889.
The collection contains correspondence of several members of the Burney family, particularly Charles Burney (1726-1814); his children Charles Burney, D. D. (1757-1817), Fanny Burney (1752-1840), and Susanna Burney Philips; and Charles Burney IV (1815-1907). Other major correspondents include Alexandre d'Arblay, William Bewley, Peter Paul Dobree, George Isaac Huntingford, John Kaye, Hester Lynch Piozzi, Thomas Twining, and John Young.
The collection contains more than 1,000 drawings, sketches and watercolors by Edward Francis Burney, other members of the Burney family, members of the Hoare family, James Pattison Cockburn, and Edward Lear.
Photographs created by Richard S. Buswell of Helena, Montana, of abandoned wooden buildings and artifacts in Montana, 1975-2018, and printed by him, 1986-2019. Images include exteriors and interiors of cabins, barns, hotels, general stores, and blacksmith shops, as well as railroad trestles and cemeteries.
Photographs and photographic postcards created by Solomon Devore Butcher of Nebraska, circa 1870-1916. Identified locations include Alliance, Anselmo, Ansley, Arcadia, Arnold, Bayard, Broken Bow, Callaway, Cozad, Crawford, Gibbon, Gothenburg, Kearney, Maxwell, Merna, Oconto, Pleasanton, Seneca, Shelton, and Wood River. Depicted are towns, businesses, events, sod houses, and landscapes.
Included are postcards of Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, and South Dakota.
The collection consists primarily of manuscripts and letters by George Gordon Byron, Baron Byron, including a manuscript of the Preface to Childe Harold's Pilgrimage and the manuscript of The Prisoner of Chillon; and letters to John Murray, Francis Hodgson, and Samuel Rogers. Other contents include several letters by Anne Isabella Milbanke, Baroness Byron; two notes by Catherine Byron, the poet's mother; and eighteen letters from Augusta Leigh to Francis Hodgson.
This collection includes letters sent by John Everett Millais and Frederic Leighton to Philip Hermogenes Calderon from 1886 to 1896.