Showing Collections: 1–20 of 30
- Photographic prints 9
- Audiovisual materials 3
- Authors 3
- Drawings (visual works) 3
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Sound recordings 3
- American literature -- 20th century 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Authors, French -- 19th century 2
- Diplomatic and consular service, British 2
- Diplomats -- Great Britain 2
- France -- Foreign relations -- United States 2
- French literature -- 19th century 2
- Painters -- France -- 20th Century 2
- Piano music 2
- Studio portraits 2
- Travelers' writings, French 2
- United States -- Description and travel 2 ∧ less
- English 14
- German 5
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Latin 2
- Finnish 1
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- Rochambeau, Jean-Baptiste-Donatien de Vimeur, comte de, 1725-1807 2
- Sartre, Jean-Paul, 1905-1980 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- Alajalov, Constantin, 1900-1987 1
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 1
- Alekseĭ Nikolaevich, Czarevitch, son of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1904-1918 1
- Alexandra, Empress, consort of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1872-1918 1
- Anastasii︠a︡ Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess, daughter of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1901-1918 1
- Annot, 1894-1982 1
- Anouilh, Jean, 1910-1987 1
- Archipenko, Alexander, 1887-1964 1
- Archives du Maréchal de Castries 1
- Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801 1
- Aron, Raymond, 1905-1983 1
- Arts Club of Chicago 1
- Arts Council of the City of New York 1
- Artzybasheff, Boris, 1899-1965 1
- Avaux, comte d', 1640-1709 1
- Bailly de Fresnay, Charles Gaspard Elisabeth Joseph, Marquis de, 1765-1850 1 ∧ less
Manuscripts of several plays by Anouilh, including L'invitation au chateau, along with many examples of juvenilia (short plays and a school essay), a group of scenarios for a cinema commercial, and notebooks.
The collection consists almost entirely of printed copies of works by Francis William Bourdillon, especially his narrative poems and occasional verse, along with several versions of his translation of Aucassin et Nicolette. In addition, there are sketchbooks, etchings, and a photograph album containing views of the Swiss Alps.
Watercolor paintings and sketches by Louis Choris of the Aleutian Islands, Alaska, the Bering Sea and the Alaskan Natives living on those lands, as well as other Arctic peoples including Chukchi and Itelmens in Russia. Made on the Kotzebue Expedition, 1815-1818.
Letters from Daudet to Henry Ceard (mentions Emile Zola and Alfred de Vigny), Estes and Lauriat, and Paul Ginisty of Odeon Theater, among others. Also includes a bound manuscript volume, partly in Daudet's handwriting and signed by him, entitled "Histoire de mes livres I. Fromont jeune et risler aîné."
Letters and documents regarding the activity, payment, and coordination of troops involved in the French revolutionary wars. Some letters also concern the desertion of French troops to the British side. Includes letters from Charles Bailly de Fresnay and William Cavendish Bentinck.
Series I, Letterbook of Lady Mary Hamilton, contains correspondence by and to the author Lady Mary Hamilton, principally with her daughter Betsey Walker Thiébault and her son-in-law Paul Thiébault; her siblings, including Anne Leslie Carnegie, Countess of Northesk, and Alexander Leslie; and with George Robinson Hamilton and Sir Herbert Croft. Series II, Family Papers, contains a detailed biographical memoir of Lady Mary by her grandson, Baron Adolphe Thiébault.
Letters and documents concerning Hill's activities as ambassador to the Hague and envoy to the Savoy. Also includes letters from James Bateman regarding financial matters and political appointments; from James Cressett regarding Cressett's work as a diplomat; from George Dolman regarding the naval maneuvers of the frigate, Lyme, of which Dolman was captain; and from Richard Powys regarding the passing of Hill's bills at the Treasury.