Showing Collections: 21–29 of 29
- Photographic prints 9
- Audiovisual materials 3
- Authors 3
- France -- History -- Revolution, 1789-1799 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Sound recordings 3
- American literature -- 20th century 2
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 2
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 2
- Authors, French -- 19th century 2
- Diplomatic and consular service, British 2
- Diplomats -- Great Britain 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- France -- Foreign relations -- United States 2
- French literature -- 19th century 2
- Painters -- France -- 20th Century 2
- Piano music 2
- Studio portraits 2
- Travelers' writings, French 2
- United States -- Description and travel 2 ∧ less
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- Rochambeau, Jean-Baptiste-Donatien de Vimeur, comte de, 1725-1807 2
- Sartre, Jean-Paul, 1905-1980 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- Alajalov, Constantin, 1900-1987 1
- Albers, Josef, 1888-1976 1
- Alekseĭ Nikolaevich, Czarevitch, son of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1904-1918 1
- Alexandra, Empress, consort of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1872-1918 1
- Anastasii︠a︡ Nikolaevna, Grand Duchess, daughter of Nicholas II, Emperor of Russia, 1901-1918 1
- Annot, 1894-1982 1
- Anouilh, Jean, 1910-1987 1
- Archipenko, Alexander, 1887-1964 1
- Archives du Maréchal de Castries 1
- Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801 1
- Aron, Raymond, 1905-1983 1
- Arts Club of Chicago 1
- Arts Council of the City of New York 1
- Artzybasheff, Boris, 1899-1965 1
- Avaux, comte d', 1640-1709 1
- Bailly de Fresnay, Charles Gaspard Elisabeth Joseph, Marquis de, 1765-1850 1 ∧ less
Call Number: GEN MSS 146
Overview: The Rochambeau Papers and Rochambeau Family Cartographic Archive is divided into two parts, the Rochambeau Papers, and the Cartographic Archive.
Call Number: GEN MSS 313
Overview: The collection consists of letters, photographs, artwork, and autographs by or pertaining to the imperial family. Most of the correspondence is from members of the Russian imperial family to their friends Anna Vyrubova and Lili Dehn, and chiefly concerns details of everyday existence in captivity at T︠S︡arskoe Selo (T︠S︡arskoselʹskiĭ dvoret︠s︡), Tobol'sk, and Ekaterinburg, and news about mutual friends, with little specific reference to historical events. There are also a few letters to the...
Dates: 1894-1935, bulk 1907-1918
Call Number: GEN MSS 755
Overview: Collection contains correspondence, writings, and other papers documenting the life and work of Solange Clésinger-Sand. Correspondence consists of letters to and from Clésinger-Sand and third-party letters between family and others. Notable correspondents include the following friends, family, and family friends: Éduoard Bourdet, Alphonse Guérin, Amélie Grille de Beuzelin, Maurice Sand, Charles Poncy, Samuel Rocheblave, and Jules Troubat. Writings by Clésinger-Sand include complete...
Call Number: OSB MSS 41
Overview: The papers consist of correspondence and other documents mostly pertaining to Southwell's diplomatic career and his landholdings in Ireland. Subjects of the correspondence include his negotiations during his missions to Lisbon and Brandenburg; trade with the East Indies; the Revolution of 1688; unrest in Ireland; and the management of Southwell's Irish estates. Major correspondents include Don Marco Barry, Sir Richard Bulstrode, Francis Holbeck, and Bernardo de Salinas. The collection also...
Dates: ca. 1660-1750, bulk 1660-1700
Call Number: GEN MSS 722
Overview: The J. Hector St. John de Crèvecoeur Papers consist of manuscripts and printed material documenting aspects of the later life and work of the French author, best known for his 1782 Letters from an American Farmer.
Dates: 1784-circa 1880, bulk 1784-1810
Call Number: GEN MSS 388
Overview: Collection contains letters by Louis Carré, Marcel Duchamp,Walter Pach, Gaby Villon, Jacques Villon, and others to Francis Steegmuller and his wife, Beatrice Stein Steegmuller, generally concerning Jacques Villon. Also included is a typescript about Villon by Lionello Venturi, several photographs of Jacques and Gaby Villon and others, and drawings done by Beatrice Stein when she was a student of Villon.
Call Number: YCAL MSS 108
Overview: The collection consists chiefly of correspondence with family, friends, and literary colleagues; and writings, accompanied by related material. There are smaller amounts of personal papers, printed material, photographs, memorabilia, and audio recordings. The material documents Wilder's life and work, in particular his career as a successful novelist and playwright.Series I, Correspondence, consists of four subseries: Family Correspondence; General Correspondence; First Name Only and...
Dates: 1892-1991, bulk 1935-1975
Call Number: GEN MSS 982
Overview: The Yale Tocqueville Manuscripts collection contains papers of both Alexis de Tocqueville and Gustave de Beaumont, intermixed. The papers include correspondence, personal papers, and autograph manuscripts by Tocqueville (including the autograph manuscript of De La Democratie en Amerique), Beaumont, and their families and associates, as well as autograph copies of Tocqueville and Beaumont documents by contemporary and later copyists, and photoduplicated copies of originals held elsewhere in...
Dates: circa 1802-1960, bulk 1831-1840