Showing Collections: 1–20 of 23
- Drawings (visual works) 7
- Artists 5
- Photographic prints 5
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 4
- Watercolors (paintings) 4
- Paintings (visual works) 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Photography, Artistic 3
- Aerial photographs 2
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 2
- Artists -- Great Britain 2
- Diaries -- United States 2
- Drawing 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- England -- 19th century 2
- Etchings (prints) 2
- Illustrators 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Pictorial works 2
- Inkjet prints 2
- Navajo Indian Reservation -- Pictorial works 2
- Navajo Indians -- Pictorial works 2 ∧ less
- English 20
- French 4
- German 3
- Italian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 5
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 3
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 3
- Steichen, Edward, 1879-1973 3
- Coburn, Alvin Langdon, 1882-1966 2
- Demuth, Charles, 1883-1935 2
- Hartley, Marsden, 1877-1943 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- McBride, Henry, 1867-1962 2
- Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.) 2
- Rosenfeld, Paul, 1890-1946 2
- Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845 2
- Stein, Leo, 1872-1947 2
- Stettheimer, Florine, 1871-1944 2
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- White, Clarence H., 1871-1925 2
- Wilson, Will, 1969- 2
- "291" (Gallery) 1
- Abert, John James, 1788-1863 1 ∧ less
The papers contain diaries, artwork, and an album of Elizabeth Bates Brewster and her daughters Ada Augusta Brewster, Mary Brewster Long, and Elizabeth Brewster Scribner. Subjects discussed include child rearing and family life, nursing during the Civil War, school teaching, and life in Nevada and California.
The collection contains more than 1,000 drawings, sketches and watercolors by Edward Francis Burney, other members of the Burney family, members of the Hoare family, James Pattison Cockburn, and Edward Lear.
The collection consists of artwork by Ugo Carrega. It primarily documents Carrega's concrete or visual poetry, and includes examples of paintings, mixed media, and sculpture.
Watercolor paintings and sketches by Louis Choris of the Aleutian Islands, Alaska, the Bering Sea and the Alaskan Natives living on those lands, as well as other Arctic peoples including Chukchi and Itelmens in Russia. Made on the Kotzebue Expedition, 1815-1818.
Inkjet prints of photographic images created by Will Wilson for his series, Connecting the Dots: For a Just Transition, 2019-2021.
In an artist's statement for the series, Wilson writes that it "intends to shape a platform for voices of resilience, Indigenous knowledge and restorative systems of remediation while bearing witness to a history of environmental damage and communal loss on the Navajo Nation."
The collection consists of a series of tracings by John Linnell of 99 of the 102 drawings made by William Blake to illustrate Dante's Divina Commedia.
Collection contains letters by Louis Carré, Marcel Duchamp,Walter Pach, Gaby Villon, Jacques Villon, and others to Francis Steegmuller and his wife, Beatrice Stein Steegmuller, generally concerning Jacques Villon. Also included is a typescript about Villon by Lionello Venturi, several photographs of Jacques and Gaby Villon and others, and drawings done by Beatrice Stein when she was a student of Villon.
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, writings, materials related to the production of Four Saints in Three Acts and the paintings of Florine Stettheimer, and miscellaneous papers.
The Alfred Stieglitz/Georgia O'Keeffe Collection contains items acquired by the Beinecke Library after 1980. Previous accessions are part of the Alfred Stieglitz/Georgia O'Keeffe Archive [YCAL MSS 85]