Showing Collections: 1–20 of 30
- Drawings (visual works) 22
- Watercolors (paintings) 11
- Photographic prints 5
- Artists 4
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 3
- Engravings (prints) 3
- Etchings (prints) 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Lithographs 3
- Northwest, Pacific -- Pictorial works 3
- Oil paintings (visual works) 3
- Sketches 3
- Authors 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- England -- 19th century 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- United States -- 19th century 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Illustrators 2
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 2
- Indians of North America -- Washington (State) 2
- Inkjet prints 2 ∧ less
- German 3
- French 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Alden, James Madison, 1834-1922 2
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 2
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Martineau, Harriet, 1802-1876 2
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 2
- Paxson, E. S., 1852-1919 2
- Rockwell, Cleveland, 1837-1907 2
- Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845 2
- Stenzel, Franz 2
- Stenzel, Kathryn M. (Kathryn Mathison) 2
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 2
- West, Benjamin, 1738-1820 2
- Wilcox, Dwayne 2
- "291" (Gallery) 1
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 1
- Abdülmecit, Sultan of the Turks, 1823-1861 1 ∧ less
The John Sawyer Brooks Papers contain correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs and drawings, and other papers, most relating to missionaries and mission administration at the Mendi Mission in Sierra Leone, 1851-1859. Also present are papers relating to the Mount Pleasant Mission in Peel Township, Ontario, 1846-1855, and to the Brooks family, 1850s-circa 2000.
A set of nineteen posters with 112 bust portraits depicting identified men and women, primarily authors, artists, scientists, monarchs, and religious and political leaders from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, with a group of idealized heads illustrating characteristics identified by phrenologists.
The collection consists of a series of tracings by John Linnell of 99 of the 102 drawings made by William Blake to illustrate Dante's Divina Commedia.
Circa 55 archeological illustrations and 95 archeological plans collected by John P. Peters and relating to the excavation of Nippur in Iraq, circa 1888-1895. Drawings are of various architectural structures (primarily ziggurats) and antiquities.
The papers contain correspondence with artistic and literary friends, Plank art work, art work of others, writings of friends, and a small quantity of personal papers. Prominent correspondents include H. D., Sylvia Townsend Warner, and Patrick White.
63 pencil, pen and ink, and wash drawings, signed, of buildings and architectural details, sculpture, and other subjects, chiefly in France, Northern Germany and Antwerp.
The collection includes 34 charcoal set design sketches by Albert M. Pyke of scenes from the film Mourning Becomes Electra, produced and directed by Dudley Nichols. The drawings, dating from circa 1947, are on mountings measuring 35 3/4" x 29 3/4" and smaller. Each drawing has a title label which reads: "Dudley Nichols Production of Eugene O'Neill's Mourning Becomes Electra [title of drawing] William E. Flannery, Art Director."