Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Great Britain -- Religious life and customs -- 17th century 3
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Spain 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1649 2
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1603-1714 2
- Law -- Great Britain 2
- Legal documents 2
- Nobility -- Great Britain 2
- Spain -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain 2
- Finance, Public -- Great Britain 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Great Britain -- Court and courtiers 1
- Great Britain -- Foreign relations -- Scotland 1
- Great Britain -- Officials and employees -- Salaries, etc. 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1066-1485 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1485-1603 1
- Great Britain -- Politics and government -- 1558-1603 1
- Magna carta 1
- Marriage settlements -- Great Britain 1
- Scotland -- Foreign relations -- Great Britain 1 ∧ less
Call Number: OSBORN FB155
Overview: Copies of Parliamentary papers, including speeches, orders, petitions, and declarations. Most printed in Lords Journals or in Rushworth. Includes items from parliaments of Elizabeth I through James II, most between 1630-1680.
Dates: circa 1680
Call Number: OSBORN FB158
Overview: Volume, in multiple hands, of seven booklets primarily on such topics as law, Parliament, government, and public finances. Parliamentary items include speeches by Thomas Wentworth, earl of Strafford, and Francis Seymour, Baron Trowbridge, complaining about forced loans, billeting of soldiers, and other grievances; a copy of the Spanish ambassador's complaints against George Villiers, Duke of Buckingham, as well as his own excuses for the conduct of the Spanish during marriage negotiations...
Dates: [17th century]
Call Number: OSBORN FB160
Overview: Collection, in multiple hands, of eight booklets bound into one volume, primarily on Parliamentary activities. The manuscript begins with a list of the members of Parliament between 1295 and 1327. Other items include extracts from Parliamentary journals; a list of the customs and privileges of both Houses of Parliament by Robert Bowyer; rules for the House of Commons; and, in Browne's hand, a patent transferring Humphrey de Bohun, Earl of Hereford's office of Constable of England to his...
Dates: [16th-17th century]
Call Number: OSBORN FB159
Overview: Collection of 115 items, bound together in one volume, and written mainly in the hand of John Browne, but with numerous items in other hands. The entries primarily address Parliamentary activities, particularly in the House of Lords, including several extracts from Parliamentary journals; lists of Parliamentary bills; a copy in Browne's hand of King Charles I's speech at dissolving Parliament in 1640; speeches by Charles II; and records of payments to Parliamentary officers. Other items include...
Dates: [15th-17th century]
Call Number: OSBORN FB161
Overview: Manuscript, primarily in Browne's hand, though numerous items are in other hands, of a collection of about 74 items, primarily on Parliamentary subjects and mostly dated 1641. Items include extracts from Parliamentary journals; speeches by James I and Charles I; discussions concerning Scotland; notes on the speeches of Edward, Earl of Conway and Sir John Coke; Parliamentary resolutions declaring ship money to be illegal; a protestation by the House of Commons vowing to uphold the Church of...