Showing Collections: 1–20 of 32
- Drawings (visual works) 24
- Watercolors (paintings) 12
- Photographic prints 5
- Artists 4
- Sketches 4
- Art, Modern -- 20th Century 3
- Authors 3
- Engravings (prints) 3
- Etchings (prints) 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- Lithographs 3
- Northwest, Pacific -- Pictorial works 3
- Oil paintings (visual works) 3
- Photographs 3
- Audiovisual materials 2
- Authors, American 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- England -- 19th century 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- United States -- 19th century 2
- Drawings (visual works) -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Illustrators 2 ∧ less
- French 3
- German 3
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- Korean 1
- Persian 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 ∧ less
- Stieglitz, Alfred, 1864-1946 3
- Alden, James Madison, 1834-1922 2
- Anderson, Sherwood, 1876-1941 2
- Crane, Hart, 1899-1932 2
- Duchamp, Marcel, 1887-1968 2
- Frank, Waldo David, 1889-1967 2
- H. D. (Hilda Doolittle), 1886-1961 2
- Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Martineau, Harriet, 1802-1876 2
- Moore, Marianne, 1887-1972 2
- Paxson, E. S., 1852-1919 2
- Rockwell, Cleveland, 1837-1907 2
- Smirke, Robert, 1752-1845 2
- Stenzel, Franz 2
- Stenzel, Kathryn M. (Kathryn Mathison) 2
- Toomer, Jean, 1894-1967 2
- Villon, Jacques, 1875-1963 2
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 2
- West, Benjamin, 1738-1820 2 ∧ less
Victor Gifford Audubon collection
Mary A. Bell Drawings
John Sawyer Brooks papers
The John Sawyer Brooks Papers contain correspondence, scrapbooks, photographs and drawings, and other papers, most relating to missionaries and mission administration at the Mendi Mission in Sierra Leone, 1851-1859. Also present are papers relating to the Mount Pleasant Mission in Peel Township, Ontario, 1846-1855, and to the Brooks family, 1850s-circa 2000.
Robert Browning and Elizabeth Barrett Browning collection
Album of watercolors and drawings.
Katherine S. Dreier papers / Société Anonyme archive
Fowler & Wells Portrait Posters for Physiognomy Lectures
A set of nineteen posters with 112 bust portraits depicting identified men and women, primarily authors, artists, scientists, monarchs, and religious and political leaders from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, with a group of idealized heads illustrating characteristics identified by phrenologists.
Elizabeth Hudson collection of E. Œ. Somerville and personal papers
James S. Jaffe collection of Jonathan Williams and The Jargon Society
Edward Meyer Kern and Richard H. Kern papers
Tracings of illustrations by William Blake for Dante's Divina Commedia.
The collection consists of a series of tracings by John Linnell of 99 of the 102 drawings made by William Blake to illustrate Dante's Divina Commedia.
Stephen Longstreet papers
Metamorphosis : amateur drawings and paintings that replicate the publication by Benjamin Sands
Views of the Pacific Northwest.
Norman Holmes Pearson Collection of “Art for the Wrong Reason”
John P. Peters Collection of Drawings and Plans of an Archeological Excavation at Nippur
Circa 55 archeological illustrations and 95 archeological plans collected by John P. Peters and relating to the excavation of Nippur in Iraq, circa 1888-1895. Drawings are of various architectural structures (primarily ziggurats) and antiquities.
George Plank papers
The papers contain correspondence with artistic and literary friends, Plank art work, art work of others, writings of friends, and a small quantity of personal papers. Prominent correspondents include H. D., Sylvia Townsend Warner, and Patrick White.
Richard Henry Pratt papers
The collection includes letter-press books, writings, diaries, notes, photographs, and drawings. The papers largely relate to Pratt's work with and theories on the education of American Indians and his involvement with the Carlisle Indian School. Included is material relating to the controversies surrounding his work and much relating to Indians and Indian life in general. There are a group of Indian photographs and drawings, and papers relating to members of Pratt's family.
Augustus Welby Northmore Pugin drawings.
63 pencil, pen and ink, and wash drawings, signed, of buildings and architectural details, sculpture, and other subjects, chiefly in France, Northern Germany and Antwerp.
Set design drawings for the film Mourning Becomes Electra.
The collection includes 34 charcoal set design sketches by Albert M. Pyke of scenes from the film Mourning Becomes Electra, produced and directed by Dudley Nichols. The drawings, dating from circa 1947, are on mountings measuring 35 3/4" x 29 3/4" and smaller. Each drawing has a title label which reads: "Dudley Nichols Production of Eugene O'Neill's Mourning Becomes Electra [title of drawing] William E. Flannery, Art Director."