Showing Collections: 21–40 of 45
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 27
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 8
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 7
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 2
- Lewis Walpole Library 1
- Diaries 26
- Diaries -- United States 9
- Photographic prints 7
- Photographs 6
- Correspondence 5
- Gold mines and mining -- California 4
- Letters 4
- Notebooks 4
- Watercolors (paintings) 4
- Audiovisual materials 3
- California -- Gold discoveries 3
- Gold miners -- California 3
- Medicine, Military 3
- Overland journeys to the Pacific 3
- Overland journeys to the Pacific -- 1849 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Physicians 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Sermons 3
- Sketchbooks 3 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Yale University 3
- Cushing, Caleb, 1800-1879 2
- Great Britain. Army 2
- Lytton, Edward Robert Bulwer Lytton, Earl of, 1831-1891 2
- Van Vechten, Carl, 1880-1964 2
- Wescott, Glenway, 1901-1987 2
- Yale Peabody Museum 2
- A.B. & D. Sands (Firm) 1
- A.L. Scovill & Co 1
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 1
- Abell, Truman, 1779-1853 1
- Abington, Frances Barton, 1737-1815 1
- Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton, Baron, 1834-1902 1
- Adelcrantz, Carl Fredrik, 1716-1796 1
- Alabaster, Henry, -1884 1
- Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition (1909 Seattle, Wash.) 1
- Albert, Prince Consort, consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 1
- Alison, Francis, 1705-1779 1
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions 1
- American Red Cross. Connecticut Branch 1 ∧ less
The collection contains correspondence, personal and family papers, and financial records that document the life, interests, and work of the American philanthropist Annie Burr Auchincloss Lewis (1902-1959).
The collection comprises personal diaries, watercolors, and drawings by Robert Provo Norris, most of which were created while he was a soldier stationed on the Cape of Good Hope in South Africa during the Frontier ("Kaffir") Wars of the 1840s and 1850s.
The collection includes a small amount of correspondence; a notebook including Oughterson's account of his travel to and first days in Japan in 1945; a form for examining those exposed to the atomic bomb; clippings and articles about Oughterson; obituaries including a lengthy memoir published separately by John F. Fulton and Eugene Davidson; photographs; and articles on military medicine and the atomic and H-bomb collected by Oughterson.
The collection contains almanacs issued annually by American and a few Canadian companies to promote the sale of their proprietary remedies. Of special note is a complete collection of Hostetter's Almanac from 1867 through 1910.
The collection comprises the drawings, diary, and log books of Edwin Augustus Porcher, from tours of duty to South and East Asia (1849-1853) aboard the HMS Cleopatra and the Mediterranean and North Africa (1857-60) aboard the HMS Hibernia, HMS Kertch and HMS Boxer.
The collection comprises correspondence, notebooks, writings, and other manuscript material by or about the artist Joshua Reynolds.
The papers consist of correspondence, diaries, genealogical research materials and other papers concerning Sherwood's unsuccessful mining ventures in California and Australia, his journey to England 1846-48 to research the descendants of Joshua Jennings, and Sherwood family life.
The papers contain correspondence, diaries, writings, materials related to the production of Four Saints in Three Acts and the paintings of Florine Stettheimer, and miscellaneous papers.
The collection contains letters to and from James Jesse Strang and some third party correspondence. There is a meteorological journal from Beaver Island, Michigan, which includes notes on the fishes and shells of the area, Strang's diary covering 1831-1836, and documents of the Order of the Illuminati.