Showing Collections: 1–6 of 6
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 4
- Burne-Jones, Edward Coley, 1833-1898 3
- Rossetti, Dante Gabriel, 1828-1882 3
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 3
- Brown, Ford Madox, 1821-1893 2
- Browning, Elizabeth Barrett, 1806-1861 2
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 2
- Heaton, Ellen, 1816-1894 2
- Hughes, Arthur, 1832-1915 2
- Hunt, William Holman, 1827-1910 2
- Millais, John Everett, 1829-1896 2
- Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood 2
- Siddall, Elizabeth 2
- Art Treasures Exhibition (1857 Manchester, England) 1
- Ashburton, Louisa, Lady, 1827-1903 1
- Barrett, Arabella, -1868 1
- Basilica di San Marco (Venice, Italy) 1
- Bellini, Gentile, -1507 1
- Bolton Abbey (Bolton Abbey, England) 1
- Brand, John, 1744-1806 1 ∧ less
Edward Burne-Jones Letters to John Ruskin
Call Number: MSS 56
Overview: The collection comprises letters from Edward Burne-Jones to John Ruskin, written from 1862 to ca. 1889.
Dates: 1862-ca. 1889
Philip Hermogenes Calderon correspondence from John Everett Millais and Frederic Leighton
Call Number: MSS 3
Overview: This collection includes letters sent by John Everett Millais and Frederic Leighton to Philip Hermogenes Calderon from 1886 to 1896.
Charles Robert Leslie Collection
Call Number: MSS 15
Overview: The collection comprises sketchbooks, writings, and correspondence by Charles Robert Leslie (1794-1859) and his family.
Dates: circa 1812-1900
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Letters to Ellen Heaton
Call Number: MSS 47
Overview: The collection comprises 57 letters from Dante Gabriel Rossetti to Ellen Heaton written from 1855 to 1875 (the bulk from 1855 to 1864). The letters primarily pertain to works by Rossetti, including a number of his works commissioned by Heaton. Works referenced include: Beata Beatrix, Beloved, Bethlehem Gate, Dante’s dream at the time of the death of Beatrice, Dante's...
Dante Gabriel Rossetti Letters to William Houghton Clabburn
Call Number: MSS 31
Overview: The collection comprises 11 letters from Dante Gabriel Rossetti to William H. Clabburn written from 1863 to 1865. The last of these is addressed to Clabburn's wife, Hannah Louisa. The letters are accompanied by 8 envelopes addressed to Clabburn by Rossetti. Rossetti’s letters primarily relate to Clabburn’s commission of an oil replica of Rossetti’s Mary Magdalen at the door of Simon the Pharisee. The correspondence records in detail Rossetti’s artistic process...
John Ruskin Letters to Ellen Heaton
Call Number: MSS 46
Overview: The collection comprises letters from John Ruskin to Ellen Heaton, written from 1855 to 1864.
Dates: 1850-1864, bulk 1855-1864