Showing Collections: 1–4 of 4
- French 1
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 3
- Chamberlain, Samuel, 1895-1975 2
- Jennings, Annie Burr, 1855-1939 2
- Lewis, Annie Burr Auchincloss, 1902-1959 2
- Miss Porter's School (Farmington, Conn.) 2
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 2
- Alman & Co 1
- American Red Cross. Connecticut Branch 1
- Auchincloss, Emma Brewster Jennings, 1861-1942 1
- Bell, Curtis 1
- Berry, Mary, 1763-1852 1
- Burgess, W. Starling (William Starling), 1878-1947 1
- Covell, William King, 1904-1975 1
- Damer, Anne Seymour, 1748 or 9-1828 1
- Debenham, Tewson, Farmer & Bridgewater (Firm) 1
- Farebrother, Ellis, Clark & Co 1
- First Congregational Church (Farmington, Conn.) 1
- Frissell, Varick, 1903-1931 1
- Fullerton, Henry Suydam, 1916-2001 1
- Genthe, Arnold, 1869-1942 1 ∧ less
Call Number: LWL MSS 21
Overview: The collection contains correspondence, personal and family papers, and financial records that document the life, interests, and work of the American philanthropist Annie Burr Auchincloss Lewis (1902-1959).
Dates: 1849-1960, bulk 1915-1959
Call Number: LWL MSS 22
Overview: The Annie Burr Lewis and Wilmarth Sheldon Lewis Photograph Collection consists of prints, negatives, transparencies, slides, and tintypes that provide visual documentation of the lives, family, friends, and activities of Wilmarth and Annie Burr Lewis. The images range from formal portraits by noted artists such Arnold Genthe and Yousuf Karsh, to hundreds of snapshots taken by friends and family, and by Annie Lewis herself. The material spans a full century in date, from a group of tintypes to...
Dates: 1859-1979, bulk 1900-1959
Call Number: LWL MSS 29
Overview: The collection contains correspondence and research materials related to publications on Horace Walpole edited by Helen Toynbee and Paget Toynbee, as well as press clippings documenting the reception of their work.
Call Number: LWL MSS 17
Overview: A collection of printed portraits, topographical views, real estate advertisements, maps, and other ephemera associated with the English historian and collector Horace Walpole (1717-1797), his family, and their properties. The majority of the items are plates produced for publications, and over half of the collection is related to two of the family's estates, Strawberry Hill in Twickenham, Middlesex, and Houghton Hall near King's Lynn, Norfolk.