Showing Collections: 181–200 of 750
- Storage location: Stored onsite X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 412
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 79
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Manuscripts and Archives 26
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 22
- Lewis Walpole Library 22
- Gilmore Music Library 12
- Oral History of American Music 12
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 8
- Yale Divinity Library 7 ∧ less
- Photographs 110
- Photographic prints 83
- Correspondence 82
- Connecticut 45
- Drawings (visual works) 39
- USA 37
- Maps 34
- Field notebooks 30
- Inkjet prints 28
- Watercolors (paintings) 27
- Diaries 26
- Authors 23
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 21
- Photograph albums 21
- Scrapbooks 19
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 18
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 17
- Engravings (prints) 17
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 16
- Letters 16 ∧ less
- English 702
- French 39
- German 19
- Italian 10
- Spanish; Castilian 10
- Latin 8
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 3
- Multiple languages 2
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- Hebrew 1
- Japanese 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Sanskrit 1
- Swedish 1
- Tibetan 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 94
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 19
- Yale University. School of Medicine 19
- Great Britain. Parliament 16
- Mellon, Paul 14
- Yale Center for British Art 14
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649 11
- Fulton, John F. (John Farquhar), 1899-1960 9
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 8
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 8
- Yale University. Library 8
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832 7
- Great Britain. Army 7
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 7
- Speck, William A. (William Alfred), 1864-1928 7
- Willis, John, 1957- 7
- Helfand, William H. 6
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 6
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 6 ∧ less
Collection of letters, documents, printed pieces, and portraits of Cromwell and his associates. Contents include 9 MS of Cromwell, 13 MS of persons associated with Cromwell, 19 printed or engraved broadsides, cartoons, etc., 22 portraits of Cromwell and 20 portraits of his associates.
Marjorie Morse Crunden, the daughter of a Baptist medical missionary in China, was educated in the United States, including at Yale School of Nursing. Correspondence includes letters from her parents; from her fiancé, Allan B. Crunden, a Yale medical student who transferred to Temple University School of Medicine; and from other friends and family. The collection also includes a five-year diary.
The collection contains correspondence between Gen. S. R. Curtis and his family while in military service or on engineering jobs, his official correspondence with copies of orders, telegrams, and other military papers while serving in the Mexican and Civil Wars, as Indian Commissioner to make treaties with the Sioux in Montana and Dakota and while working on the Union Pacific Railroad. Family letters also record Samuel Stephen Curtis's experiences prospecting in California, 1858-60.
The collection includes a selection of reprints of Harvey Cushing's writings and the publication Harvey Cushing's Seventieth Birthday Party. Some articles are in complete issues of serial publications.
John J. Cushing was an early homeopathic physician in San Francisco. The collection consists of letters to his family.
Letters from Daudet to Henry Ceard (mentions Emile Zola and Alfred de Vigny), Estes and Lauriat, and Paul Ginisty of Odeon Theater, among others. Also includes a bound manuscript volume, partly in Daudet's handwriting and signed by him, entitled "Histoire de mes livres I. Fromont jeune et risler aîné."
George M. Davidson's diary and correspondence describe an 1849 overland trip to California. This material records the hardships of the journey, encounters with Indians, life in the California gold mines, and his establishment of a general store in Pine Grove. There are business records such as store inventories, bills from suppliers, a mining work ledger, bullion receipts, and informal certificates for mining shares in Butte County and Sierra counties, California.
Photographs Related to Navajo, Havasupai, Hopi, and Pueblo Indians, and Sites in Arizona and New Mexico
A collection of 199 drawings and watercolors by Pueblo, Navajo, Apache, Cheyenne, and Kiowa artists, much of it student work, collected by Elizabeth Willis DeHuff, wife of a superintendent of the Santa Fe Indian School and an early art instructor of many of the artists.
Records of the Epsilon Chapter (Yale University) of Delta Omega, an honorary public health society founded in 1924. Yale's chapter, established in 1925, was organized through the Department of Public Health.
Letters from various correspondents addressed to Dennistoun or to his wife, Isabella. Many are of a social nature. Letters from William Carnegie Northesk and William Stirling Maxwell concern art collecting.
Photographs of residential neighborhoods in Detroit, Michigan created by Karen Halverson in July 2018. Images include portraits of residents working in private and community gardens as well empty lots and abandoned buildings.