Showing Collections: 661–680 of 749
- Storage location: Stored onsite X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 411
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 79
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Manuscripts and Archives 26
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 22
- Lewis Walpole Library 22
- Gilmore Music Library 12
- Oral History of American Music 12
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 8
- Yale Divinity Library 7 ∧ less
- Photographs 109
- Photographic prints 83
- Correspondence 82
- Connecticut 45
- Drawings (visual works) 39
- USA 37
- Maps 34
- Field notebooks 30
- Inkjet prints 28
- Watercolors (paintings) 27
- Diaries 26
- Authors 23
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 21
- Photograph albums 21
- Scrapbooks 19
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 18
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 17
- Engravings (prints) 17
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 16
- Letters 16 ∧ less
- English 701
- French 39
- German 19
- Italian 10
- Spanish; Castilian 10
- Latin 8
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 3
- Multiple languages 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- Hebrew 1
- Japanese 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Sanskrit 1
- Swedish 1
- Tibetan 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 94
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 19
- Yale University. School of Medicine 19
- Great Britain. Parliament 16
- Mellon, Paul 14
- Yale Center for British Art 14
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649 11
- Fulton, John F. (John Farquhar), 1899-1960 9
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 8
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 8
- Yale University. Library 8
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832 7
- Great Britain. Army 7
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 7
- Speck, William A. (William Alfred), 1864-1928 7
- Willis, John, 1957- 7
- Helfand, William H. 6
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 6
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 6 ∧ less
The collection consists of correspondence, particularly a set of letters from Grantly Dick-Read; a nearly full set of articles by Thoms; and 11 scrapbooks and photograph albums concerning his years as a Yale medical student and early faculty member, his work on natural childbirth and rooming-in, and his interest in the history of Connecticut medicine.
The Wallace Thurman Collection contains Correspondence, (including letters from Langston Hughes), Writings, primarily versions of Aunt Hagar's Children and the musical play Harlem, written with William Jourdan Rapp, and Personal Papers.
The collection comprises greeting cards, ephemera, and printed material related to the British artist Joe Tilson and his family.
Collection consists of correspondence, writings, and other papers by or relating to Chauncey Brewster Tinker. Correspondence contains mostly letters by Tinker, including letters to Albert S. Cook, Lansing V. Hammond, Mary Etta Knapp, E. L. McAdam, Daniel and Mary Merriman, and Mary (Mrs. George Henry) Nettleton. Writings contain holograph, typescript and printed versions of writings by Tinker and others.
A collection of 18th- and 19th-century prints, mostly extracted from publications, arranged geographically.
The papers consist of correspondence, memoranda, personal papers and legal documents, many dating from the period of George Townshend, 1st Marquis of Townshend's Lord-Lieutenancy in Ireland. The collection also contains documents relating to Charles, 2nd Viscount Townshend.
The collection contains correspondence and research materials related to publications on Horace Walpole edited by Helen Toynbee and Paget Toynbee, as well as press clippings documenting the reception of their work.
Contains legal documents signed by Jonathan Trumbull (1710-1785) while governor, and one letter from him to Jonathan Trumbull (1740-1809); a letter from George Washington to Jonathan Trumbull (1740-1809); letters between John Trumbull and various people, regarding his paintings and exhibitions; receipts relating to his work; and draft and printed versions of the handbill announcing the print of his "The Declaration of Independence."
William Van Duyn, a former smoker, collected advertisements and news articles related to tobacco, especially to cigarette smoking. These include cigarette advertisements by company and brand; other forms of tobacco advertisements including billboards (photographs taken by Van Duyn), merchandise catalogs, and sponsorship of racing; and newspaper and magazine articles and ephemera related to the anti-smoking movement and tobacco regulation and litigation.
This collection consists of unique prints created by Erica Van Horn. The prints complement her one-of-a-kind books and other printed work. The prints are chiefly etchings combined with chine collé on watercolor paper, as well as monoprints that depict Saint Sebastian. Each of the prints has title and a signature or signed initials inscribed by Van Horn.