Showing Collections: 681–700 of 749
- Storage location: Stored onsite X
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library 411
- Medical Historical Library, Cushing/Whitney Medical Library 79
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History 79
- Yale Center for British Art, Rare Books and Manuscripts 71
- Manuscripts and Archives 26
- Yale Center for British Art, Institutional Archives 22
- Lewis Walpole Library 22
- Gilmore Music Library 12
- Oral History of American Music 12
- Robert B. Haas Family Arts Library Special Collections 8
- Yale Divinity Library 7 ∧ less
- Photographs 109
- Photographic prints 83
- Correspondence 82
- Connecticut 45
- Drawings (visual works) 39
- USA 37
- Maps 34
- Field notebooks 30
- Inkjet prints 28
- Watercolors (paintings) 27
- Diaries 26
- Authors 23
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 21
- Photograph albums 21
- Scrapbooks 19
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 18
- Authors, American -- 20th Century -- Archives 17
- Engravings (prints) 17
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 16
- Letters 16 ∧ less
- English 701
- French 39
- German 19
- Italian 10
- Spanish; Castilian 10
- Latin 8
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 3
- Multiple languages 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Finnish 1
- Hebrew 1
- Japanese 1
- Portuguese 1
- Russian 1
- Sanskrit 1
- Swedish 1
- Tibetan 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 94
- Yale Peabody Museum 68
- Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 19
- Yale University. School of Medicine 19
- Great Britain. Parliament 16
- Mellon, Paul 14
- Yale Center for British Art 14
- Charles, King of England, I, 1600-1649 11
- Fulton, John F. (John Farquhar), 1899-1960 9
- Royal Academy of Arts (Great Britain) 8
- Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 8
- Yale University. Library 8
- Goethe, Johann Wolfgang von, 1749-1832 7
- Great Britain. Army 7
- Kahn, Louis I., 1901-1974 7
- Speck, William A. (William Alfred), 1864-1928 7
- Willis, John, 1957- 7
- Helfand, William H. 6
- Hughes, Langston, 1902-1967 6
- Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 6 ∧ less
A collection consisting principally of letters from Varè to Elizabeth Foster, who was married to Varè's nephew, Maxwell Foster. The letters cover Varè's various diplomatic assigments and his family life, leading up to, during, and after World War II. Also included are letters from other Varè family members to Foster, along with several third-party letters and materials related to the Varè family.
A visual poem expressed as a poetic object with sound and holographic animation as well as a proof-of-concept draft of the work created by Arias-Misson in 2018.
Wilfred M. Voynich and Ethel Voynich provenance and research files on the Cipher (Voynich) manuscript
The collection contains correspondence, notes, and articles on the provenance and research on the Cipher (Voynich) manuscript.
The archives of Karl M. Waage encompassing his career at Yale. These include annotated maps, field notebooks, photographs, correspondence, and biographical material.
Documents created in the Louisiana Province relating to debts and land grants or deeds, and government documents relating to boundaries and political relations with the United States, livestock regulations, and roads and bridges.
The Philip Nolan papers document his expeditions from Louisiana into Texas in the years 1791-1801 and the reaction of the Spanish governors of Texas and Nuevo Santander, including the trial of Nolan's men by the Spanish.
Petitions for land grants in Coahuila and Texas and supporting documentation.
Letters, including several from or pertaining to Stephen F. Austin, official correspondence and documents, degrees, "expedientes" and reports, recording the history and development of Mexico's northeastern frontier from 1707-1847. Most of the collection concerns Texas, but there are also documents concerning Louisiana and New Mexico.
The collection comprises diaries, notebooks, and other manuscript documents concerning the travels of James Wales in India, with a particular focus on antiquities of Poona and the nearby cave temples of Ellora.
A collection of printed portraits, topographical views, real estate advertisements, maps, and other ephemera associated with the English historian and collector Horace Walpole (1717-1797), his family, and their properties. The majority of the items are plates produced for publications, and over half of the collection is related to two of the family's estates, Strawberry Hill in Twickenham, Middlesex, and Houghton Hall near King's Lynn, Norfolk.
The collection includes approximately 3,000 letters to and from Horace Walpole as well as other manuscript materials by him, including copies of Aedes Walpolianae and The Mysterious Mother, his commonplace books, his "Books of Materials," and various miscellanies.
The Thomas Walpole Family Papers contain approximately 400 letters and other papers, mostly dating from the 1760s through the 1830s, that document the commercial, financial, political, legal, and diplomatic ventures of four generations of one branch of the Walpole family in England, being Thomas Walpole (1727-1803), his sons Thomas Walpole (1755-1840) and Lambert Theodore Walpole (1757-1798), grandson Spencer Horatio Walpole (1806-1898), and great-grandson Sir Spencer Walpole (1839-1907).
The collection comprises material relating to the theatrical manager and producer, Alfred Wareing, and his family. Incudes photographs, correspondence and clippings.
Most of the collection consists of autograph letters by prominent physicians and scientists in America and abroad to John Collins Warren, surgeon and naturalist. Two letters are by Warren.