Showing Collections: 1–20 of 31
- Names: Yale University. Divinity School X
- Yale Divinity Library 22
- Manuscripts and Archives 9
- Educators 13
- Clergy 11
- Universities and colleges -- Religion 6
- Authors 4
- Congregational churches -- United States 4
- Diaries 4
- Religious education 4
- Deans 3
- Missionaries 3
- Theology -- Study and teaching 3
- Young Men's Christian Associations 3
- Account books 2
- Families 2
- Photographs 2
- Sermons 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- African Americans 1
- Berlin (Conn.) 1
- Bible. New Testament -- Study and teaching 1
- Brothers and sisters 1 ∧ less
- Yale University 12
- Stokes, Anson Phelps, 1874-1958 3
- Van Dusen, Henry P. (Henry Pitney), 1897-1975 3
- American Board of Commissioners for Foreign Missions 2
- Bainton, Roland H. (Roland Herbert), 1894-1984 2
- Brown, Charles Reynolds, 1862-1950 2
- Day, George Edward, 1815-1905 2
- Fisher, George Park, 1827-1909 2
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 2
- Niebuhr, H. Richard (Helmut Richard), 1894-1962 2
- Niebuhr, Reinhold, 1892-1971 2
- Phelps, William Lyon, 1865-1943 2
- Porter, David R. (David Richard), 1882-1973 2
- Shedd, Clarence Prouty, 1887- 2
- Trumbull, H. Clay (Henry Clay), 1830-1903 2
- Weigle, Luther A. (Luther Allan), 1880-1976 2
- Abbott, Lyman, 1835-1922 1
- American Bible Society 1
- American Missionary Association 1 ∧ less
- Storage location
- Stored offsite 26
- Stored onsite and offsite 4
- Stored onsite 1
Charitable society for the education of indigent pious young men for the ministry of the Gospel records
The records include a copy of a constitution, minutes of annual meetings, financial accounts, and correspondence. These papers are also known as the Connecticut Education Society Records.
The materials consist of photographs of faculty, students, and various school related events. Included is an index of students in 1942 and a group portrait of the Yale Divinity School Class of 1889.
The records consist of reports, minutes, lists, correspondence, subject files, daybooks, alumni records, student prize materials, and student data documenting the administrative operations of the Yale Divinity School.
The records consist of letters, application forms, transcripts, notes, recommendations, and evaluations documenting students of the Yale Divinity School.
The papers consist of manuscript sermons by Fitch. Eleazar T. Fitch (1791-1871) was Livingston Professor of Divinity at Yale from 1817 to 1852, in which his main duty was the supply of the College pulpit. He was Lecturer on Homiletics at the Yale Divinity School from 1824 to 1861.
The collection provides an overview of Norvin Hein's long career as professor of comparative religion with a focus on Hinduism, serving on the Yale Divinity School and Religious Studies faculties for thirty-five years from 1950 until his retirement in 1985.
Writings, lectures, course-related materials, and correspondence document the life and work of Leander E. Keck, who served as Dean of the Yale Divinity School from 1979 to 1989 and Winkley Professor of Biblical Theology from 1979, Emeritus as of January 1998.
The Miscellaneous Personal Papers record group is an open collection consisting of the correspondence, diaries, writings and/or other papers and memorabilia of various individuals. This collection contains papers of individuals who were Yale faculty members, alumni/ae, clergy, ecumenical workers, or missionaries in areas other than China.
Notes and papers from Riemer's years at the Yale Divinity School (1915-1917) provide insight into the curriculum and teaching methods at YDS during the first part of the twentieth century. Reinhold Riemer was a Yale Divinity School graduate, Moravian minister, and President of the Moravian College for Women.