Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- Manuscripts -- Collectors and collecting -- United States 3
- Book collecting -- United States 2
- Book collectors -- United States 2
- Book collectors -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Librarians -- United States -- 20th Century 2
- Academic libraries -- Administration 1
- American newspapers -- Texas -- Bibliography 1
- Audiovisual materials -- United States -- 20th Century 1
- Bibliographers 1
- Bibliographers -- New Jersey 1
- Bibliography 1
- Bibliography of Texas, 1795-1845 1
- Daguerreotype 1
- Daguerreotypes (photographs) 1
- Early printed books -- 17th century -- Union lists 1
- English imprints -- Union lists 1
- English literature -- Early modern, 1500-1700 -- Bibliography 1
- Government property -- United States 1
- Lawyers -- United States 1
- Lawyers -- United States -- 20th Century 1 ∧ less
James T. Babb Correspondence
Call Number: GEN MSS 1011
Overview: Incoming correspondence and outgoing typescript carbons, most 1965-1968, with some related writings and speeches by Babb, typescript carbon. Some correspondence concerns Yale University Library, Library acquisitions, donors Paul Mellon and the Beinecke family, and the founding of the Yale Center for British Art. Other correspondence relates to Babb's collecting of William Beckford and William McFee, or to his work in assembling a library for the White House, 1962-1967, including...
Dates: 1962-1968, bulk 1965-1968
Thomas E. Marston family papers
Call Number: GEN MSS 1341
Scope and Contents: The Thomas E. Marston family papers contain Marston family correspondence, writings by Thomas E. Marston, photographs, family material, and a small amount of material relating to Thomas E. Marston’s collecting of medieval and early modern books and manuscripts, and his association with the Yale University Library. Most family correspondence consists of letters to Julia Dale Ewart Marston from Josephine Sands Marston, 1938-1951, concerning family news; accompanying these are letters from Thomas...
Dates: 1711-1981, bulk 1938-1954
Louis Starr collection concerning the field notes of William Clark
Call Number: WA MSS S-2774
Overview: The collection consists of legal records and personal papers that document litigation over William Clark's autograph manuscripts that recorded his impressions (in 1803 and 1804) during a portion of the Lewis and Clark Expedition. The collection is of interest not only for its documentation of the provenance of the Clark manuscripts and litigation concerning their ownership, but also for its relation to the broader legal and historical issues surrounding the distinction between public records...
Thomas W. Streeter papers
Call Number: WA MSS S-1312
Overview: The papers contain Streeter's research notes, drafts, and proofs for his three volume Bibliography of Texas.
Dates: 1861-1980, bulk 1927-1959
Donald Wing papers
Call Number: OSB MSS 166
Overview: The Donald Wing Papers consist of professional and editorial correspondence files, typescripts, and galleys mostly related to his research for and publication of A Short-Title Catalogue of Books Printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and British America and of English Books Printed in Other Countries, 1641-1700.