Showing Collections: 1–5 of 5
- French 1
- German 1
- Blumer, George, 1872-1962 2
- Hurd, Henry M. (Henry Mills), 1843-1927 2
- Osler, William, Sir, 1849-1919 2
- Académie des sciences (France) 1
- Ackland, A. A. 1
- Acland, Henry W. (Henry Wentworth), 1815-1900 1
- Addams, Charles, 1912-1988 1
- Aiken, Arthur 1
- Alison, William Pulteney, 1790-1859 1
- Alsop, Charles Richard 1
- American Medico-Psychological Association 1
- American National Red Cross. Nursing Service 1
- American Psychiatric Association 1
- Andrews, Charles McLean, 1863-1943 1
- Aschoff, L. (Ludwig), 1866-1942 1
- Astruc, Jean, 1684-1766 1
- Babinski, J. (Joseph), 1857-1932 1
- Bache, Thomas Hewson, 1826-1912 1
- Bacon, Francis, 1831-1912 1
- Baillie, Matthew, 1761-1823 1 ∧ less
Call Number: Ms Coll 50
Overview: These letters to George Alder Blumer are mainly about the American Medico-Psychological Association and the American Journal of Insanity, edited by Blumer. Several of the writers were, like Blumer, administrators of psychiatric hospitals in the United States and abroad.
Dates: 1886-1951, bulk 1886-1896
Call Number: Ms Coll 61
Overview: The collection contains real photo postcards, commercial postcards, photographs, pamphlets and ephemera related to people with disabilities, mostly from the United States, collected by Professor Robert Bogdan, a pioneer in the teaching of disability studies.
Dates: 1820s-1990s, 1900-1940
Call Number: Ms Coll 49
Overview: Miscellaneous Letters Collection is a collection of hundreds of individual letters or small groups of letters, mostly by physicians and scientists, either donated to the Historical Library or purchased.
Call Number: Pam Coll 5
Overview: Sheet music on medical themes including songs and piano compositions about medical providers, ailments, remedies, health for children, and advertisements for medical products. Much of the music was performed in music halls or as part of musicals, or later, performed on radio, television, and on records.
Dates: ca. 1762-1989, bulk 1890-1940
Call Number: Pam Coll 11
Overview: The collection consists of approximately 3,800 short published works on topics related to child welfare used by Arnold Gesell and the staff of the Yale Child Study Center as a reference collection. Topics include children and the war, day care centers (day nurseries), education, infant mortality, juvenile delinquency, intellectual disability (mental deficiency), mental health (mental hygiene), mental illness (insanity), nurseries, and nutrition. A portion of collection materials document...