Showing Collections: 1–4 of 4
- Blumer, George, 1872-1962 2
- Hurd, Henry M. (Henry Mills), 1843-1927 2
- Osler, William, Sir, 1849-1919 2
- Académie des sciences (France) 1
- Ackland, A. A. 1
- Acland, Henry W. (Henry Wentworth), 1815-1900 1
- Addams, Charles, 1912-1988 1
- Aiken, Arthur 1
- Alison, William Pulteney, 1790-1859 1
- Alsop, Charles Richard 1
- American Medico-Psychological Association 1
- American Psychiatric Association 1
- Andrews, Charles McLean, 1863-1943 1
- Aschoff, L. (Ludwig), 1866-1942 1
- Astruc, Jean, 1684-1766 1
- Babinski, J. (Joseph), 1857-1932 1
- Bache, Thomas Hewson, 1826-1912 1
- Bacon, Francis, 1831-1912 1
- Baillie, Matthew, 1761-1823 1
- Banks, Joseph, 1743-1820 1 ∧ less
Call Number: Ms Coll 50
Overview: These letters to George Alder Blumer are mainly about the American Medico-Psychological Association and the American Journal of Insanity, edited by Blumer. Several of the writers were, like Blumer, administrators of psychiatric hospitals in the United States and abroad.
Dates: 1886-1951, bulk 1886-1896
Call Number: Ms Coll 61
Overview: The collection contains real photo postcards, commercial postcards, photographs, pamphlets and ephemera related to people with disabilities, mostly from the United States, collected by Professor Robert Bogdan, a pioneer in the teaching of disability studies.
Dates: 1820s-1990s, 1900-1940
Call Number: Pam Coll 2
Overview: Annual or biennial reports and other pamphlets issued by hospitals in China, Great Britain (especially London), and the United States. The states best represented are Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania. Types of hospitals include general hospitals, specialty hospitals (children's, eye, lying-in, etc.), dispensaries, asylums, and homeopathic hospitals. About 200 hospitals are represented in this collection.
Dates: 1805-1969, bulk 1840-1900
Call Number: Ms Coll 49
Overview: Miscellaneous Letters Collection is a collection of hundreds of individual letters or small groups of letters, mostly by physicians and scientists, either donated to the Historical Library or purchased.